The National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN) is an Open and Distance Learning (ODL) institution and is currently the largest public university in West Africa in terms of spread and number of actively registered students. It is a recognized university in the Nigeria University System.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for academic and non-academic positions.
Application Closing Date
5th January, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 20 Word Processed copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae giving information in the following format:
- Full names with Surname in Capitals
- Email and phone contacts
- Post desired and Department
- Date of birth, town and State of Origin, Geopolitical Zone
- Current Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address (with Telephone No.)
- Marital Status
- Names, Number and Ages of Children
- Name and Address of Spouse
- Name and Address of Next of Kin
- Institutions attended with dates
- Work experience from date and status of First Appointment
- Present employment, Status, Salary and Employer
- List of publications in details i.e. Books, Journals, Contributions to Books, Papers presented at National/International Conferences, NOUN will not accept letters from editors indicating acceptance for as yet unpublished works.
- Professional accomplishments, Conferences/Seminars and Workshops attended with dates, Professional record including Study and Research stays abroad.
- Extra-curricular activities and any other relevant information.
- Report from three referees should be independently sent to the Registrar. Two of the referees must be authorities in the candidate’s area of specialization. Candidates whose Referees did not submit their report directly to the Registrar up to the day of the interview will not be shortlisted for the interview.
The post applied for and Department are to be indicated at the top-left corner of the sealed envelope containing the application.
All applications should be addressed to:
National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN).
91 Cadastral Zone,
Nnamdi Azikiwe Express Way,
Nigeria. (Office of the Registrar)
- Hand delivery should be submitted to the same address.
- Only shortlisted candidates would be invited for interview, and NOUN reserves the right not to accept an application.