President Muhammadu Buhari has assured that most of the stalled projects in the aviation industry will soon resume and be completed in record time.
He particularly mentioned four of the terminals under construction at the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos, Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport, Kano, Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport, Abuja and the Port-Harcourt Airport.
The President made the disclosure Wednesday at the presentation of 2017 ‘Budget of Recovery and Growth’ before a joint sitting of the National Assembly.
The four terminals constructed by China Civil Engineering Construction Company (CCECC) at Abuja, Kano, Lagos and Port Harcourt airports can no longer be delivered this year due to some noticeable technical deficiencies.
According to the President: “Consequently, work has resumed on a number of stalled infrastructure projects such as the construction of new terminals at the country’s four major airports; numerous major road projects; key power transmission projects; and the completion of the Kaduna-Abuja railway to mention a few.”
Nigeria and China in 2013 signed several loans and eight Memorandum of Understanding in Beijing, China, as well as a $500 million loan for construction of the four new international airport terminals in Abuja and the three other cities.
When completed, the airports will take their rightful place in the world aviation map, and boost Nigeria’s position as the natural hub for commercial aviation business on the African continent.
Just recently, Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika said that the new terminal at Abuja Airport had blocked both the control tower and fire service station.
- BREAKING: Buhari presents 2017 Budget [WATCH LIVE VIDEO]
- NYSC Director-General Insists On Strict Adherence To Policy Thrust Of Scheme
- 2017 Budget Presentation: Buhari Keeps Members of NASS Waiting
- Buhari presents Nigeria’s N7.3trn 2017 budget
- FG Assures Nigeria’s Recession will end in 2017
- Fg to Increase Salary Of Workers in 2017 – Ngige
- Dial 112 if any one attempts suicide due to MMM crash – LASEMA
- Moody’s Okays Buhari’s economic policies
- Nigeria’s Google searches in 2016: Budget padding, MMM tops
- Reps approve N126.4bn 2016 budget for FIRS
- FCMB Millionaire Promo Season 3 rewards four customers with N8m
- Groom in coma after N300k wedding savings hangs in MMM’s custody
- Enugu vehicle plant’ll create jobs, enhance naira value –Keystone MD