The House of Representatives Ad-hoc Committee on investigation of the activities of federally owned Development Finance Institutions, DFIs, has issued 11-day ultimatum to the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, and Bank of Industry, BoI, to submit their audited accounts since 1999 to date.
Meanwhile, the Chukwuemeka Anohu-led Ad-hoc Committee will from tomorrow (Tuesday) commence the probe of the DFIs such as BOI, Bank of Agriculture, BOA, the Nigerian Export-Import Bank, NEXIM, and the Nigerian Export Promotion Council, NEPC.
Others to appear before the committee at the investigative hearing are the Small and Medium Scale Enterprises Development Agency, SMEDAN, the National Economic Reconstruction Fund, NERFUND, and the Federal Mortgage Bank of Nigeria, FMBN, amongst others. The Committee also summoned all former ministers of finance, agriculture, industry, trade and investment to appear at the public hearing.
A statement signed by the Committee’s Chairman, Chukwuemeka Anohu had directed the DFIs to submit 30 hard copies of written memoranda and a soft copy latest today (Monday).
TO FEATURE YOUR SPONSORED LINKS BELOW CONTACT US @ [email protected] or call +2348106779778
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- Groom in coma after N300k wedding savings hangs in MMM’s custody
- MMM Runs To Kenya After Freezing Nigerian Accounts, Promises 40% Per Month
- Dial 112 if any one attempts suicide due to MMM crash – LASEMA
- ‘stop Investing In MMM’ – CBN Warns Nigerians Again
- We Are Tired Of Waiting – Ultimate Cycler Users Blast Peter Walfing
- Earthquake hits Papua New Guinea
- 4 Helpful Tips to Become An Instagram Model
- The Movie 76’, Sweeps 14 AMVCA Nominations
- UltimateCycler.com Relaunches with New Features
- NDIC, CBN set-up study committee on ‘Trending Bitcoin’
- Senate to probe N213bn power fund
- Recession: NBTE boss predicts more job loss in 2017
- 60 Groups seek INEC’s registration Ahead of 2019 Elections
- Biafra News: Only Justice, Equity Will Stem Agitation -Igbo Group
- Rivers rerun: Police to probe Wike over alleged audio comments
- South Africa’s Steinhoff, Shoprite in merger talks
- Buhari’s daughter, Zahra, Finally weds today
- President Buhari celebrates 74th birthday
- Application opens for 3rd Tony Elumelu Foundation entrepreneurship programme