Justice Mojisola Olatoregun of the Federal High Court in Lagos has frozen multiple accounts allegedly belonging to former first lady, Patience Jonathan in five Nigerian banks over allegation of money laundering.
Justice Olatoregun’s order, which was granted after listening to an ex-parte application filed by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), covers Mrs. Jonathan’s accounts in Ecobank Plc, Skye Bank Plc, Stanbic IBTC Bank, Diamond Bank Plc and Fidelity Bank Plc.
The judge however, ordered the anti-graft agency to enter into an undertaking to pay damages to the former first lady if it turns out that the order should not have been made.
One of the accounts, domiciled with Skye Bank plc, has a balance of $5,316.66.
This ex-parte application was supported by an originating summons sworn to by Abdulahi Tukur, an operative of EFCC, and filed before the court by EFCC prosecutor, Rotimi Oyedepo, requesting the court to urgently direct the managers of the bank accounts contained in the schedule filed with the summons (FHC/L/CS/1343/16) to, in the interim, forfeit the money in the accounts to prevent further tampering with such.
TO FEATURE YOUR SPONSORED LINKS BELOW CONTACT US @ [email protected] or call +2348106779778
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- MMM Nigeria Is Not Coming Back In January, See Why
- We Have No Case With Ibori, Says Delta State Govt.
- NDIC, CBN set-up study committee on ‘Trending Bitcoin’
- 5 ways Nigerians can save money on car repairs
- International media predict sad end for MMM Nigeria
- We Can Only Pray For MMM Victims – NDIC
- HPAPPENING NOW: James Ibori’s immediate release ordered by London court
- Don’t be in hurry to condemn Senate, Magu not indispensable, says Amaechi
- Application opens for 3rd Tony Elumelu Foundation entrepreneurship programme
- UK Govt demands £18m from Ibori
- LSETF, partners commence loan beneficiaries’ selection
- Why EFCC, Media Are Obsessed with James Ibori
- Photos of Fani-Kayode, Obanikoro, Bala, Abati, others in EFCC custody
- Panic Hits Nigerian Participants as MMM moves to Ghana, Kenya
- Akwa Ibom children protest against govt.
- UltimateCycler.com Relaunches with New Features
- MMM Runs To Kenya After Freezing Nigerian Accounts, Promises 40% Per Month
- Laura Ikeji and Ogbonna Nwankwo are Engaged
- Reps Issue 11-day Ultimatum To CBN, BOI To Submit Audited Account From 1999
- Taraba State Civil Servants shut secretariat over salaries