The Governing Council of the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), Ogun State, has approved the recall of the 23 members of staff that were disengaged from the University.
This according to the institution, is part of efforts to resolve its recent unrest.
In a press statement issued by the Head, Directorate of Public Relations, Mrs Emi Alawode, the decision was taken at the 92nd meeting of the Council, held on Thursday, December 22, 2016, and chaired by Mrs Susan Oludiya, a member of the Council, in line with the agreement that the Chairmanship be rotated, till the reconstitution of a new one.
The unconditional letters of re-absorption, were signed by the Acting Registrar and Secretary to Council, Mr Obafemi Oginni and all the 23 staff, who were re-called, have resumed at their duty posts.
It will be recalled that the Governing Council, at its 90th statutory meeting, approved the disengagement of some staff from the services of the University for various offences.
However, to ensure that the University enjoys permanent respite, a Council Committee to investigate the Lingering Industrial Unrest and Tension in the University was constituted, to look into the immediate and remote causes of the unrest.
The institution’s Vice-Chancellor, Professor Olusola Oyewole, has however enjoined all members of staff to continue to contribute positively to the development of the University, while normal academic and administrative activities have continued unabated.
TO FEATURE YOUR SPONSORED LINKS BELOW CONTACT US @ [email protected] or call +2348106779778
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- NOUN VC Says It Now Have Over 240,000 Registered Students
- Lagos To Start Selling Lake Rice At N13,000 Per Bag Next Week
- TSA Responsible For Liquidity Squeeze In Economy – NNDC
- Why NYSC must be restructured now! – Adewale Kupoluyi
- New Radio Station Based In Calabar, FAD FM Is Recruiting
- Buhari, Obasanjo for South-East summit December 22
- Kwara State to create 20,000 jobs in Agric Sector
- UltimateCycler.com Relaunches with New Features
- Earthquake hits Papua New Guinea
- Reps approve N126.4bn 2016 budget for FIRS
- WAEC to conduct ‘GCE’ twice a year from 2017
- Why NYSC is deploying more corps members in rural schools– Zamfara Coordinator
- Before You Register For Ultimate Cycler Read this
- Bayelsa State Detects 5,000 Ghost Workers
- WAEC gets new office in Accra, Ghana