Nigeria will upgrade the Instrument Landing Systems at the nation’s major airports.
Minister of State for Aviation, Senator Hadi Sirika, gave the pledge today in his reaction to complaints by airlines of the disruption of flights by the Harmattan and the embarrassment of cancelling President Muhammadu Buhari’s flight to Bauchi.
Sirika said said the Instrument Landing Systems (ILS), will be upgraded to ensure that they are working better to minimise the cases of flight disruptions that have featured every harmattan season
President Muhammadu Buhari’s visit to Bauchi scheduled to take place December 29 was postponed arising from the prevailing weather conditions in the country.
Uncooperative weather which has been the bane of air travel in the current harmattan season, leading to the delay and cancellation of flights, reared its head in Abuja Airport this morning, preventing the take-off of the President’s plane for the trip to Bauchi.
Technical information received from the weather station showed that visibility as at this morning was 600 meters, 200 metres short of the 800 metres minimally required for a safe aircraft take-off.
According to the information available, the visibility was expected to drop to 300 metres before improving to permissible limit later in the day.
The commander of the Presidential Air Fleet, Air Commodore Hassan Abubakar, said that the Presidential Aircraft was in perfect condition, the weather in Bauchi was alright, but that the problem was in Abuja.
In cancelling the visit to the state, President Buhari expressed regret over the disruption caused by the bad weather. In a recorded audio and video message, he said he looked forward to the visit in the course of which he was to commission an Air Force medical facility and a number of other projects by the state government. He said he also intended to thank the people for their relentless support in all his political undertakings.
“We make our plans, God makes His own plans,” said the President.
President Buhari thanked the Government and people of Bauchi State and the Nigerian Air Force for the studious and elaborate preparations made to receive him, and assured that he is going to visit the state at a more auspicious time.
TO FEATURE YOUR SPONSORED LINKS BELOW CONTACT US @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call +2348106779778
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit
- Buhari’s anti-corruption war is selective — Clark
- Scorecard: 9 key successes of Buhari in 2016
- New Investor Partners Jigawa Solar Plant Project
- 200 to get BoI’s N140b micro-credit scheme
- Why Buhari didn’t attend South-East economic, security summit— Presidency
- Biafra News: IPOB Vows To Avenge Members’ Killing
- Boko Haram terrorist arrested in Ikorodu
- 4 Reasons Lagosians Love Harmattan
- Chibok girls, other captives in Sambisa to regain freedom soon – DHQ
- Buhari to Nigerians: Pray to God at Xmas
- 5 Tips For The Perfect December Wedding in Nigeria
- Top 5 Christmas traditions from around Nigeria
- 3000 jobs to be restored as NNPC revives Enugu depot
- Japan will not repeat war atrocities
- Christmas Day Tragedy: Panic As Suspected Hired Assassins Kill Five In Delta
- Expose Corruption, Get 5% From Recovered Loot – FG Tells Whistleblowers
- FG Launches Information App – FGN IAPP
- 5 hacks for Nigerians who are addicted to the internet
- British pop singer George Michael is dead