All hopes were on Thursday dashed as President Muhammadu Buhari’s visit to Bauchi was again cancelled for the second time.
Buhari was billed to visit the State on December, 13th to commission the Nigeria Air Force Hospital built at the new NAF base 29 close to the Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa International Airport, Bauchi.
The visit was cancelled because he (Buhari) led a delegation of some African leaders to The Gambia.
The President was again scheduled to visit the State on Thursday, December 29th but the visit was also cancelled.
All preparations were concluded for the President’s visit. Hundreds of people had thronged the Airport to welcome the President. The state government even declared a public holiday in the state.
Speaking in a broadcast to the people of Bauchi on Thursday, the state Governor, Mohammed Abubakar, said that the cancellation of the visit was due to the poor visibility of the weather caused by the harmattan.
Abubakar apologized to the people for the failure of the President to visit the state for the second time stating that it was not intentional.
He said that a later date will be fixed for the President to visit Bauchi for a state visit and spend the night in the state.
“Because of the prevailing weather condition in Abuja this morning up to this moment that I speak with you (11:45am), visibility is less than 300 meters in Abuja. To that extent even International flights have not landed or taken off at the Abuja Airport.
“For that reason, Mr. President was advised to put off his visit to Bauchi. I assure you, another date will be fixed and this time, for a state visit in which he will spend the night in Bauchi,” Abubakar stated.
The Governor, while answering questions from Journalists after the broadcast, said that the Special Assistant on social media to the President, Alh. Sha’aban Sharada, and other aides had been in the state for the past three days in anticipation of the visit.
He stated that he (Sharada), drafted a speech and sent it to Aso Rock which the President read and it was recorded as a proof of why he couldn’t come to Bauchi.
TO FEATURE YOUR SPONSORED LINKS BELOW CONTACT US @ [email protected] or call +2348106779778
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- Buhari promises quick completion of four airport terminals
- Digital Financial Inclusion To Create 3 Million New Jobs By 2025
- 15 governors to participate in Calabar carnival
- Commercial quantity of coal discovered in Sokoto
- Senator lauds Ambode’s giant devt strides
- EFCC Chair: Senators Set To Grill Magu Today
- Shares volume surge by 337% at NSE
- Biafra News: FG clamping down on our members, MASSOB cries out
- Nigeria spends N200bn on senators, ministers annually
- Pay our 3 years arrears, ABSUTH Retirees tell Gov. Ikpeazu
- Ambode: Our Target Is Target Making Lagos Third Largest Economy In Africa
- 5 Tips For The Perfect December Wedding in Nigeria
- Another 21 Chibok girls freed by Boko Haram
- The Movie 76’, Sweeps 14 AMVCA Nominations
- 5 Tips For Stylish Nigerians Traveling This Holiday
- Nigerians Condemn Celebration Of Ibori’s Release From UK Prison
- Fayose promotes 15,772 workers, pays 2months salaries, Christmas bonus
- I hope other governors can defend their people like Fayose – Adeboye
- We Have No Case With Ibori, Says Delta State Govt.
- Police in Rivers State foil bank robbery, arrest three