Nollywood actor Kenneth Okonkwo has joined the ruling party, All Progressives Congress (APC).
He was formerly a member of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
The actor was officially unveiled as a member of the APC on Friday, December 30, Supreme TV reports.
Okonkwo was reportedly registered in Nkpunano ward, Enugu state, by Augustine Ataja, the APC ward chairman.
APC party supporters in Enugu gathered at Odenigbo Nsukka, the residence of the actor, for his declaration of membership.
The actor was recently spotted in court during a hearing of Nnamdi Kanu’s case, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB).
Okonkwo, who was clad in a lawyer’s garb, was rumoured to be part of Kanu’s defense team but he shortly thereafter came out to debunk the reports.
“I had a different matter at the same court where he was arraigned and we met at the Court by chance. Everybody recognised my presence and in my usual fashion, I greeted everyone”, the actor had said.
Okonkwo and wife, Ifeoma, welcomed their first child after nine years of marriage in May.
TO FEATURE YOUR SPONSORED LINKS BELOW CONTACT US @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call +2348106779778
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- Excitement As N-Power Beneficiaries Gets December Salary
- Biafra News: MASSOB Cries Out Over Mass Killing, Intimidation Of Activists
- FG is fighting Corruption With Clear Strategy – Minister
- Government Raises Import Duties On Consumable, Luxury Goods
- 2017 Budget: FG to spend N8.4bn on generators
- Markets, Investment Analysts Not Impressed With 2017 Fiscal Plans
- MMM Nigeria Unveils New Strategy For Participants For January 14th 2017
- GTBank Hires Independent Non-Executive Director
- CBN, Katsina Unveil Marshal Plan For Rice Production
- FG extends 2016 budget implementation to March 2017