Contrary to media reports, Gambia’s president-elect, Adama Barrow is hale and hearty.
CBN Television, Banjul had earlier reported that he was murdered by that unknown assailants who overpowered his security guards, leaving two dead and six others injured from gunshots.
However, a tweet from his official handle, @adama_barrow, said he’s alive and well. “We would like to inform you that the President-elect is alive and well. #Gambia”, it read.
We would like to inform you that the President-elect is alive and well. #Gambia
— Adama Barrow (@adama_barrow) January 4, 2017
His rumoured death is coming few days after he referred to the country’s constitution that a court action taken by supposed outgoing President Yahya Jammeh cannot prevent the winner of the poll from assuming office as mandated by the constitution.
“It should be crystal clear that filing an election petition is the private matter of a loser in an election. It does not prevent mandatory constitutional processes from taking place.
“ECOWAS, the African Union and the United Nations could only intervene if the two presidents fail to do, with impeccable thoroughness, what the constitution of the republic demands,” Barrow, who vowed to take office on January 19 despite the refusal of Jammeh to give up power, had stated.
TO FEATURE YOUR SPONSORED LINKS BELOW CONTACT US @ email@example.com
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- Abia Assembly impeach former Speaker, as new Speaker emerges
- Gambia: ECOWAS Names President Buhari As ‘Chief Mediator’
- ExxonMobil Lagos headquarters shut
- Guterres announces Amina Mohammed as UN Deputy Secretary-General
- Top 5 2016 Prophesies Nigerian Pastors Gave that failed
- Three Reasons Cameroon Seeks INEC’s Support For Elections
- Rivers rerun: Police to probe Wike over alleged audio comments
- WAEC gets new office in Accra, Ghana
- Jonathan: I am under pressure to contest 2019 Presidency
- Pay workers’ salaries with N552bn refund – Buhari tells govs
- 2017 Budget: FG To Spend N100m On Kitchen Utensils For Aso Rock
- Business Travel Tips For Nigerians This 2017
- In Ghana: Q3 GDP Growth Rises to 4%
- NIPOST to provide e-commerce, e-government services
- Ex-NULGE boss advocates life insurance for all journalists
- Lagos To Commence Sales Of Lake Rice Today