The Kwara State Government has released N250 million for the Community Health Insurance Scheme (CHIS) in the state.
The State Commissioner for Health, Alhaji Suleiman Alege, stated this on Tuesday in an interview with newsmen in Ilorin.
According to him, the government is also working towards putting the primary health care under the same roof with the state health development agency.
Alege stated that a new diagnostic center for the Ilorin General Hospital would begin operation soon to reduce the stress faced by patients.
The commissioner said government enlightenment programme across the state has ensured preventive measures against the outbreak of disease.
He said the renovation of the General Hospital in Oro, Patigi and the states Civil Service Clinic have been included in this year’s budget.
Alege also stated that fund has been released to procure more equipment for the Harmony Diagnostic Centre, Ilorin for the improvement of its services.
TO FEATURE YOUR SPONSORED LINKS BELOW CONTACT US @ firstname.lastname@example.org
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- Kogi State Govt. to Recruit 100 forest guards
- Sokoto proposes N204.23bn budget for 2017
- Another 21 Chibok girls freed by Boko Haram
- Olamide releases 6th album on Boxing Day – The Glory
- Rivers rerun: Police to probe Wike over alleged audio comments
- Kwara State to create 20,000 jobs in Agric Sector
- Lagos fire outbreak burn 3 children of same parent to death
- Nigerian army promotes Obasanjo’s son, 11 others
- Police launches squad for Southern Kaduna
- Obiano Blasts Those Against Operation Python Dance, Calls Them Criminals
- LASU Pre-degree Admission List (2nd Round) 2016/2017 Released
- Excitement As N-Power Beneficiaries Gets December Salary
- PDP Calls On Buhari To Get Experts To Review Nigeria’s Economic Policies
- 2017: Implement N52,000 Minimum Wage, NLC Tells FG
- NDE To Create Over 800,000 Job Through Agriculture In 2017
- Nigeria’s Insurance Sector Seeks N250bn Budget Value
- N25bn ETF: Lagos targets 900, 000 jobs by 2019
- Imported Vehicles: Nigerians Will Face Hard Times in 2017 – Dealers
- 7 Things Buhari Must Do In 2017 To Win Nigerians Back
- Lagos Govt approves funding for MSMEs