By igwe ogbu
In time of economic recession like this, a nation needs to re-assess their assets and subsequently use their assets to fix the recessive economy.
If we adequately incorporate and harness the diversity of our country into the process of formulating an economic road map, recession would become a thing of the past. In my view, I believe that if we do the aforementioned, there would be no regret for doing so.
States that are blessed with high deposits natural resources such as coal, tin, limestone, oil, gas and so on, must as a matter of fact become laboratories for producing our experts in drilling, extraction and processing.
States that have swampy land for example, must gear enough efforts into the production of rice for national and international consumption, even if they venture limitedly into the production of other food and cash crops .
States that have enough tourism assets must develope a road map for optimizing their natural assets into productive and economic venture. By so doing, nobody would be considering going for holidays in Dubai. Instead, they would consider patronizing our tourism centres for their holidays
To curb the rapid rate of unemployment, a role conscious re-examination of our educational institutions of higher learning is a necessity. By this necessity, all our institutions of higher learning should specialize in the production of certain professionals rather than all of them, at the same time, producing the same kind of professionals that our society is already flooded with
Our educational institution of higher learning, for example, the colleges of education should strictly focus on the production of highly qualified teachers for our schools because it is their core responsibility to do so.
Similarly, our polytechnics should provide the educational needs they are best suited and established for. Instead of offering diplomas in courses like sociology, accounting, economics and business administration which universities are better suited to administer, they should for example, strive to training Builders, architects, surveyors, electricians and other technicians.
These are my views. Somebody should please let our policy makers know this if it would be useful. What’s your take?
Article written By Igwe ogbu.. [email protected]
TO FEATURE YOUR SPONSORED LINKS BELOW CONTACT US @ [email protected]
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- News Reporters Needed At Financial Watch
- Buhari promises quick completion of four airport terminals
- New Radio Station Based In Calabar, FAD FM Is Recruiting
- 3000 jobs to be restored as NNPC revives Enugu depot
- MMM Nigeria Is Not Coming Back In January, See Why
- Nigeria interbank lending rate eases on budget cash injections
- Recession: NBTE boss predicts more job loss in 2017
- MMM: Nigerians are not greedy, merely desperate
- Telnet Nigeria Partners CBN on e-CCI
- Chicken Consumers in Asaba Flay Increased Processing Charges
- CBN To Sell N83bn In Treasury Bills Next Week
- Panic Hits Nigerian Participants as MMM moves to Ghana, Kenya
- How MMM Nigeria Top Guiders Defrauded Millions Of Nigerians
- Ponzi scheme, MMM blamed for financial misery in Ghana
- FEC approves 6 weeks closure of Abuja Airport for repairs
- Buhari Approves Arms For Airport Security Officers
- 4 NNPC Refineries To Achieve Optimal Capacity Next Year
- Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit
- Police nab producer of fake alcohol in Delta
- Customs, FIRS, Road Safety, Others Collaborates On Vehicle Identification Number Scheme
- Dakuku Peterside: Resolute Revolutionary and Visionary Democrat at 46