Isabel dos Santos, The daughter of Angola’s President has added another slice of Angola’s economy to her portfolio as Africa’s richest.
Isabel just secured a controlling stake in the oil-rich nation’s largest bank.
BBC reports that the move has left observers pondering whether to applaud a savvy female entrepreneur or to bemoan the enduring power of the continent’s entrenched elites.
Isabel dos Santos is 43, ambitious, successful and unusual in a region where men still rule most boardrooms.
Mrs dos Santos is also the oldest daughter of Angola’s President Jose Eduardo dos Santos, a man who has run the country since 1979.
BBC reports that Angola is one of the world’s least developed nations. In recent years it has benefited from an oil boom and Chinese investment. But corruption and poverty reman huge challenges.
The president’s daughter has repeatedly tried to shrug off allegations of nepotism, of the first family looking to form an economic and political dynasty that will live on after the President steps down, as he’s recently promised to do.
TO FEATURE YOUR SPONSORED LINKS BELOW CONTACT US @ email@example.com
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- News Reporters Needed At Financial Watch
- Naira Weakens Against Major Currencies
- Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit
- The 16 Strangest Medical Cases of 2016
- Nollywood actor Kenneth Okonkwo joins APC
- Shares volume surge by 337% at NSE
- NSE sustains growth on year end activities
- No plastic, only contaminated rice in Nigeria – NAFDAC
- Aviation: Nigeria to upgrade landing systems
- Presidency debunks media report on Board appointments
- 2017: Atiku Will Be Forced Out Of APC, Tinubu May Be Poisoned – Prophet Omale
- MEND Passes Vote Of No Confidence On APC Govt
- FG to announce board appointments, as Osinbajo vets list
- Apostle Johnson Suleiman releases 50 Shocking Prophecies for 2017
- TB Joshua Releases ‘Alarming’ Prophetic Message for 2017
- 7 Things Buhari Must Do In 2017 To Win Nigerians Back
- Buhari receives captured Boko Haram flag, says Army must keep Nigeria as one
- I’m Not Dead: Gambia’s President-elect, Adama Barrow shakes off assassination rumour