The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has warned prospective candidates against purchasing application documents from con artists.
The examination body says it is yet to begin the sales of the 2016 UTME form, the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports.
Before now, some registration centres had been selling forms to candidates at prices ranging from N3,700 to N5000.
Fabian Benjamin, JAMB’s Head of Media and Publicity, on Monday, said the board would adequately sensitise the public before the sale begins.
“I want the public to be patient. We are putting finishing touches to the arrangements for a hitch free outing.
“We do not want a repeat of what had been happening before and during registration this year.
“We need to ensure that prospective candidates do the right thing and get their results without problems.
“So we want to appeal to prospective candidates to be patient as we will soon begin sale of the forms.”
He warned the general public and prospective candidates not to fall prey to the activities of fraudsters who might lure them into buying fake documents.
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- Nigerian Army 74 Regular Recruitment: 2,780 candidates sit for examination in Jigawa
- Police Recruitment: Report Shortlisted Candidates With Questionable Character
- UTME: JAMB Mandate CBT Centres To Install CCTV In Exam Halls
- 4 ways to handle children while visiting public places in Nigeria
- Over N5tr projects abandoned across Nigeria – Reps
- No plastic, only contaminated rice in Nigeria – NAFDAC
- NNPC Wins Best Website, Social Media Interaction Award
- Millions Of Naira Lost As Fire Engulfs 48 Shops In Gombe Market
- Director, 9 Others Suspended Over Fraud In Kano State Ministry Of Finance
- CBT, Sterling Bank partner on JAMB 2017 registration
- Unilorin warns students to Complete registration now or lose admission
- It’s Already New Year In New Zealand, Samao As They Welcome 2017
- Nigerian Customs CG approves redeployment of 8 ACGs, 238 DCs
- Security Operatives Raid Patience Jonathan’s home in Abuja
- Kogi State Govt. to Recruit 100 forest guards
- N-Power News: Hundreds of candidates disqualified from Job
- SEC Recruitment: ‘SEC Complied with Laid Down Procedures in Employment of Staff’
- OSUSTECH 2nd & 3rd Batch Admission List 2016/2017
- WAEC Releases 2016 November/December GCE Results, Check Yours Here
- Ghana’s new President Akufo-Addo to cut taxes