The All Progressives Congress (APC) caucus in the senate has removed Ali Ndume as the leader of the upper legislative chamber.
In a letter to Senate President Bukola Saraki, the caucus appointed Ahmed Lawan, a senator from Yobe north, as its new leader.
But speaking with journalists at the national assembly complex, Ndume said he was unaware of his removal.
A source told TheCable that the senate president had no hand in Ndume’s removal, but that he would abide by the decision of the caucus.
Ndume has had several spats with his colleagues – especially when they take decisions that are not favourable to President Muhammadu Buhari.
In December 2016, when the senate rejected the appointment of Ibrahim Magu as chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ndume, after meeting with Buhari, said the senate did not reject the appointment of the anti-graft agency’s boss.
The senate later issued a statement reaffirming its position rejecting Magu’s appointment.
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- 1,000 Days After: President Buhari Recommits To Return Of Chibok Schoolgirls
- Presidential Inauguration: In Ghana Mahama out, Akufo-Addo in
- Africa’s Wealthiest Woman Now Richer With New Acquisition
- FG to announce board appointments, as Osinbajo vets list
- New Ghana President Akufo-Addo in plagiarism scandal [VIDEO]
- I’m Not Dead: Gambia’s President-elect, Adama Barrow shakes off assassination rumour
- Biafra News: IPOB Vows To Avenge Members’ Killing
- Buhari’s anti-corruption war is selective — Clark
- Scorecard: 9 key successes of Buhari in 2016
- Biafra News: IPOB Says International Observers To Monitor Nnamdi Kanu’s Court Session
- Rivers APC hails Dakuku on his 46th Birthday Anniversary
- Delta Assembly mourns colleague, adjourns session
- Abia Assembly impeach former Speaker, as new Speaker emerges
- MMM: Why we set up meeting with FG – Abuja subscribers
- Biafra news: IPOB predicts crisis over alleged dictatorial style
- FEC approves 6 weeks closure of Abuja Airport for repairs
- Delta APC In Crises Over Atiku, Okowa’s Donation
- What NOT to eat at the Port Harcourt airports
- Niger State declares 3-day mourning in honour of late Kure
- Niger Delta Crises: Ijaw youths kick as military arrests ex-militant leader in Delta State