Sterling Bank Plc has hinged its foray into the health sector on the current poor state of the sector in the country and the consequences of this on the citizens coupled with the need for public- private collaboration for adequate repositioning.
This, according to the bank, necessitated its sponsorship of the 2016 edition of the Nigerian Service Delivery Innovation Challenge organised by the Federal Ministry of Health.
The event, which held recently at Transcorp Hilton, Abuja was attended by prominent personalities in the health and other key sectors of the economy including the Minister of State for Health, Dr. Osagie Ehanire, Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Dr. Okechukwu Enelamah, Minister of State for Budget and National Planning, Mrs. Zainab Ahmed and Executive Director, Sterling Bank Plc, Mr. Abubakar Suleiman who represented the lender’s Managing Director and Chief Executive, Mr. Yemi Adeola among others
The bank in a statement signed by its Chief Marketing Officer, Mr. Henry Bassey, explained that the sponsorship of the innovation challenge was designed to compliment the federal government’s drive towards improving healthcare services in the country.
He further emphasised the bank’s interest in a cleaner healthier environment for Nigerians “as demonstrated in our Sterling Make-Over (STEM) initiative which continues to reinforce our conviction in a cleaner and more prosperous nation”.
The bank expressed optimism that the ‘Challenge’ would contribute to helping Nigeria make progress in the areas of vaccination coverage among young children; check contraceptive prevalence rate among Nigerians; increase Vitamin A coverage among children of between six months to five years of age and promote the use of insecticide-treated bed nets by children under five amongst others.
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- Buhari Commends Sterling Bank’s Health Support Initiative
- JAMB Introduces New Rules, Guidelines For 2017 UTME
- CSR: Access Bank Constructs Hostel For Blind Students
- Sterling Bank commits N500m to environmental sustainability
- CBT, Sterling Bank partner on JAMB 2017 registration
- Nigeria’ll Regain World’s Largest Cocoa Producer Position — FG
- FG, states N13.1b richer in December – Adeosun
- FAAC shares N400bn for December
- Nysc Gets New Vehicles to enhance field operations
- Naira appreciates marginally, now exchanges for N490/$1
- FG tasked on health insurance for all Nigerians
- Court orders interim seizure of $153m deposited in 3 banks by Diezani to FG
- Gambia President, Yahya Jammeh declares state of emergency a day before handover
- VConnect, Facebook seminar for SMEs holds today
- Economy worsening, Organized private sector warns FG
- Nigeria secures Norwegian solar investment
- Recession: CBN Charges Banks On Financial Intermediation
- Insurance, pension record 5,000 complaints at CPC
- Bank Jobs 2017: Transaction Officer At Integrated Corporate Services Limited (ICSL)
- FG Earmarks N236.6m For ICT University, Tech Park