The Federal Government has approved the reduction of documentation requirements and timeline for import and export trade transactions to 48 hours.
A circular to authorised dealers, signed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Director, Trade and Exchange Department, W.D. Gotring explained that the revised documentation requirements and timeline for processing Form ‘NXP’ include the Revised Import Documentation: Bill of lading, Certificate of Origin (formerly Combined Certificate of Value of Origin), Commercial Invoice and Exit Note (formerly Exit Gate).
Other documentations are Form ‘M’, Packing List, Single Goods Declaration and Product Certificate. Other revised export documentation include Bill of Lading, Certificate of Origin, Commercial Invoice, Single Goods Declaration, Nigerian Export Proceeds (NXP) Form, Clean Certificate of Inspection (CCI).
The CBN said the timeline for processing Form ‘NXP’ by the authorised dealers shall be a maximum of 48 hours from the receipt of the application subject to appropriate documentation.
“Authorised dealers shall submit returns to the CBN on compliance with the 48 hours timeline. All authorised dealers are therefore advised to note and bring the provisions of the circular to the attention of their customers,” the circular explained.
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- FCMB grows profit by 109% to N16.3bn in 2016
- Forex As At Feb. 3 2017: Naira slides to N500 /$ at parallel market
- EFCC Wins Big In spree Of Discovery And Recovery from Andrew Yakubu, Deziani Madueke
- United Bank for Africa distributes N27.2 billion in dividends
- Increase lending to agric sector – Minister urges banks
- Edo Jobs: Edo State Government To Recruit Unemployed Youths
- Market watch: Prices of bags of rice to crash to N6000
- Bolaji Lawal appointed GTBank Executive Director
- Access Bank appoints Gregory Ovie Jobome as ED risk management
- Access Bank’s Herbert Wigwe is Most Reputable Nigerian Bank CEO
- FG adopts simple documentation procedures at seaports for Ease of Doing Business
- Pledgershub.com Login – Pledgers Hub Register