The Bank of Industry (BoI) has shortlisted 200 persons in Kano to benefit from the N140billion Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (GEEP).
GEEP is a Federal Government inituiative aimed at empowering vulnerable groups in the country.
Vice President Prof Yemi Osinbajo who spoke during a town hall meeting in Kano said GEEP implementation by BoI was designed to provide micro-credit to artisans, farmers, market women and entrepreneurs engaging in productive enterprise.
The meeting afforded the Vice President the opportunity to interact with traders, market men and women, artisans, food vendors and small business owners on the social intervention programmes of government.
TO FEATURE YOUR SPONSORED LINKS BELOW CONTACT US @ [email protected] or call +2348106779778
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- Director, 9 Others Suspended Over Fraud In Kano State Ministry Of Finance
- Oyo State College of Education lecturers embark on indefinite strike
- FG to fight militancy, insurgency with N29bn
- Scorecard: 9 key successes of Buhari in 2016
- FG Announces New Reforms in Nigeria’s Public Service
- Tenants to shock Nigerian landlords
- Millions Of Naira Lost As Fire Engulfs 48 Shops In Gombe Market
- Heritage Bank gets women empowerment award
- Buhari, Obasanjo for South-East summit December 22
- FUNAAB Recalls 23 Sacked Members of Staff
- Jonathan: I am under pressure to contest 2019 Presidency
- $30bn loan request meant for FG, states –Presidency
- Naira exchanges for N490 per dollar at parallel market
- Financial Markets Reopen After Christmas Holiday
- Photos: “Testing of Crude Oil Just Discovered In Borno State Ongoing”
- Kogi State Govt. to Recruit 100 forest guards
- Division in labour movement bad for workers, says Hunsu
- Naira Closes At 485/Dollar, Expected To Fall Further Before Year End
- Over N5tr projects abandoned across Nigeria – Reps
- Poll Suggests Ban Ki-moon next South Korean President
The views and opinions expressed here are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Financial Watch. Every investment and trading move involves risk. You should conduct your own research when making a decision.