The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) has passed a vote of no confidence on the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari over the federal government’s poor handling of current crisis in the Niger Delta region.
The group alleged that Buhari had been carrying on arrogantly and making controversial, prejudicial, conflicting and contradictory statements about the politics and economy of the oil-rich region, after his meeting with traditional rulers, opinion leaders and stakeholders of the Niger Delta region, under the auspices of Pan Niger Delta Forum (PANDEF) on November 1, 2016.
MEND, in a statement issued yesterday by its spokesman, Jomo Gbomo and made available to LEADERSHIP in Port Harcourt, further alleged that since after he assumed office on May 29, 2015, Buhari, for reasons best known to him, held the Niger Delta region in contempt.
The statement reads in part, “Without prejudice to the pre 2015 presidential election endorsement freely and voluntarily given to President Muhammadu Buhari on January 6, 2015, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) hereby categorically and unequivocally pass a Vote of No Confidence on the government of President Buhari; specifically with regard to the government’s handling of the current Niger Delta crisis.
TO FEATURE YOUR SPONSORED LINKS BELOW CONTACT US @ [email protected] or call +2348106779778
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- Akwa Ibom proposes N365.251bn for 2017 fiscal year
- FIRS to spend N586m on meals, N750m on fuel for generators
- Nigeria gets $2b extra from oil – Kachikwu
- Nigerians seek speedy implementation of 2017 budget
- Russian military jet crashes, 92 die
- 2017 budget: 115 Foreign Missions to gulp N48.899bn
- 5 ways Nigerians can save money on car repairs
- 2017 Budget: FG To Spend N100m On Kitchen Utensils For Aso Rock
- Director, 9 Others Suspended Over Fraud In Kano State Ministry Of Finance
- Telnet Nigeria Partners CBN on e-CCI
- NPA to collaborate with govt. agencies to improve World Bank ranking
- 2017 Budget Presentation: Buhari Keeps Members of NASS Waiting
- [BREAKING] VIDEO: New Facts Emerge On Plastic Rice Impounded By Nigerian Customs
- CBN, NDIC detect ailing banks six months ahead
- Panic Hits Nigerian Participants as MMM moves to Ghana, Kenya
- The Movie 76’, Sweeps 14 AMVCA Nominations
- SEC, EFCC consider greater protection for investors
- Naira weakens furthers on Continued Dollar Scarcity
- ‘We ‘ve recovered 95% SME loans’ – BoI
- FG extends 2016 budget implementation to March 2017
- Heritage Bank Denies Ties With Embattled Heritage Capital
- FBN Capital wins investment banking award
- Nigeria’s 2017 budget offers hope for economic revival – NACCIMA
- AfDB okays Africa Renewable Energy Initiative