The Police in Abuja, yesterday, raided a Maitama property believed to be owned by former First Lady, Mrs. Patience Jonathan.
Eye witness accounts said policemen numbering about 20, stormed the house located on Igbeti Rock Street and forcibly gained entry into the house after overpowering the single security man keeping guard over the house. Mrs. Jonathan was not in the house at the time and it could not be confirmed, as at press time, yesterday, if she lives in the house.
The policemen on arrival were said to have made enquiries concerning a certain Justice Ahmed, but were informed that no such person lived in the house.
According to sourcrs, the police forcibly forced themselves into all the rooms in the house and searched through all the cupboards, wardrobes and fittings in the house. The police who did not state their mission, were said to have left about six hours later with an envelope whose contents were not known.
The eyewitness said that the raid was about the third time the property had been visited by security agencies following earlier raids by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, and the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency, NDLEA.
When Vanguard contacted the Force Public Relations Officer, DCP Don Awunah, last night for comments on the development, he did not pick his call. A text message on the issue had not been replied as at press time.
ASP Anjuguri Manza, Public Relations Officer, Federal Capital Territory, FCT Police Command, said the command was not aware of the development.
TO FEATURE YOUR SPONSORED LINKS BELOW CONTACT US @ [email protected]
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- Plateau residents raise alarm over rising car theft
- Police Recruitment: Report Shortlisted Candidates With Questionable Character
- NSCDC caution humanitarian agencies on guards’ recruitment
- Vehicles Trapped At Nigeria’s Borders As Import Ban Begins
- Assistant Police Commissioner commits suicide
- Peace Corps of Nigeria will generate 800,000 jobs – Akor
- Jonathan: I am under pressure to contest 2019 Presidency
- New Radio Station Based In Calabar, FAD FM Is Recruiting
- Millions Of Naira Lost As Fire Engulfs 48 Shops In Gombe Market
- More Insight on the Dark Side of Nigeria’s 2017 Budget
- Director, 9 Others Suspended Over Fraud In Kano State Ministry Of Finance
- Boko Haram Attacks In Abuja Imminent – Arrested Insurgent Warns
- FG Announces New Reforms in Nigeria’s Public Service
- Firecrackers herald Xmas
- ‘Arik Air to pay N6m fine over delay of passengers luggage’
- Why NYSC is deploying more corps members in rural schools– Zamfara Coordinator
- Avoid night travelling this yuletide, FRSC warns
- Customs seize N250m smuggled cannabis from Ghana
- Nigerian Customs intercepts deadly weapons at Lagos seaport