Gombe state has intensified the process of benefiting from the N-power scheme of the federal government as it has screened 2,689 persons for the first batch.
The Focal Officer of N-power in Gombe, Hajiya Maryam Mele, told journalists in Gombe on Friday.
Mele, who is also the Special Adviser to Gov. Ibrahim Dankwambo, said the state was allocated 16,000 slots for the entire programme.
“We are lucky because out of the 36 states and FCT, Gombe was among the 14 states that was able to beat the deadline of Dec. 15, 2016, to enable the beneficiaries collect their stipends.
“We commend the Federal Government because some of the beneficiaries have started receiving their December alert of N30,000,’’ the official said.
She called on those that yet to receive the alert to exercise patience because it is a gradual process.
Mele also appealed to the beneficiaries to reciprocate government effort and do what was expected of them.
She announced that the beneficiaries would soon be posted to their various places of assignment.
“We are just waiting for primary and secondary schools to fully resume; your posting will be out” she said.
The focal officer also commended Dankwambo for supporting her office to ensure the success of M-power programme in the state.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that N-power is one of cardinal social investment programme initiated by the present administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.
The N-power programme is expected to engage 500,000 youths across the country. (NAN)
TO FEATURE YOUR SPONSORED LINKS BELOW CONTACT US @ [email protected]
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- Excitement As N-Power Beneficiaries Gets December Salary
- Jubilation In Kwara As Residents Receive Alert Of Buhari’s N5000
- CBN, Katsina Unveil Marshal Plan For Rice Production
- Vehicles Trapped At Nigeria’s Borders As Import Ban Begins
- LSETF, partners commence loan beneficiaries’ selection
- Imo and rough treatment of pensioners
- Imported Vehicles: Nigerians Will Face Hard Times in 2017 – Dealers
- LASU Pre-degree Admission List (2nd Round) 2016/2017 Released
- Presidency Starts First Batch Of N5,000 Monthly Payments To One Million Poorest, Vulnerable Nigerians
- PDP Calls On Buhari To Get Experts To Review Nigeria’s Economic Policies
- 2017: Implement N52,000 Minimum Wage, NLC Tells FG
- Germany turned away nearly 20,000 migrants in 2016
- More Dark Side Of 2017 Budget: Upkeep Of Presidential Jets Gulps N2.4bn
- FG Begins Free Medical Services For Poor Nigerians
- Security Operatives Raid Patience Jonathan’s home in Abuja
- New Radio Station Based In Calabar, FAD FM Is Recruiting
- FEC approves 6 weeks closure of Abuja Airport for repairs
- Budget 2017: Ajaokuta Steel to gulp N6.2bn
- EPZ: 15 firms to invest in Jigawa
- FG to re-open 2 major roads in Borno after Boko Haram defeat