Recently awarded as “Africa’s Best Bank Transformation” at the 2016 Euromoney Awards, Access Bank Ghana has once again received international recognition from the Citibank Group for the prestigious Straight-Through Processing (STP) Excellence Award.
The award acknowledges the Bank for its superior and excellent service through consistent and efficient processing of international funds transfer requests from its customers. It further underscores Access Bank’s continuous commitment in providing customers with seamless and efficient transactions for their international business.
STP enables the entire trade process and payment transactions to be conducted electronically without the need for re-keying or manual intervention.
In a congratulatory message to the Bank, the Acting Country Manager of Citibank Ghana Representative Office, Olivia Kumordzi highlighted that the award is based on measured rates for the year, which showed that Access Bank has achieved a rating of 97%+ for Treasury Payments and 95%+ for Commercial Payments. This distinction is a success for the Bank since it demonstrates the high standard of performance of its human resources and dedication to serving clients.
She added, “Citi Bank is continually seeking higher requirements for formatting of payments. Therefore, achieving a high STP rate means Access Bank is committed to meeting these increasingly higher standards and continuously strives to improve the rate of straight-through processing of international payments which are processed on behalf of your clients, thus a positive impact on customer service.”
The STP rate is considered the most important indicator for quality in the field of payment transactions, reflecting the degree of automation. Values above 90% are considered as very good STP rates.
Commenting on the award, the Managing Director of Access Bank, Mr. Dolapo Ogundimu thanked Citibank for the recognition and noted that the award reaffirmed Access Bank’s quest to deliver on its brand promise of speed, service and security.
Mr. Ogundimu further stated: “I dedicate this award to our loyal staff who have imbibed the culture of excellence and to our customers, who have showed faith in our business throughout the years”.
Over the past three years, Access Bank has stepped up its investments in the area of technology and is at the forefront of providing digital banking solutions to serve various segments of the market.
Some of its innovative e-banking products include the AccessPay – a payroll management solution for companies, AccessTrade – a trade portal that allows corporate customers the convenience of initiating trade transactions electronically and the Easy Cheque Manager – an online based cheque management solution.
The Bank’s robust online banking solution also allows both individuals and corporate entities to make international transfers with just a click, and this is the first of its kind in Ghana. It’s recently upgraded Access Mobile App for instance enable users to perform key banking transactions such as intra and inter-bank funds transfer, bills payment, airtime top up, cheque and ATM card requests and initiating an account opening process among others.
Access Bank has built an acknowledged reputation for service excellence in the Ghanaian banking sector. The Bank continues to invest in its digital banking infrastructure to ensure an excellent customer experience and highly efficient operations, thus helping to reduce banking cost for customers and provide them value for money.
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) Entry-level Customer Service Officers Recruitment 2017
- FirstBank Promotes Financial Inclusion
- Dangote Cement rewards distributors with N2.4bn bonus
- Access Bank Ghana Upgrades Mobile Banking With A New App
- FMDQ OTC: Access Bank will retain its leadership position in 2017 – Herbert Wigwe
- Firstmobile has achieved N1.3tr transaction value – First Bank DMD, Shobo
- Bank Jobs 2017: Transaction Officer At Integrated Corporate Services Limited (ICSL)
- Ghana’s new President Akufo-Addo to cut taxes
- Nigeria fighter jets misfire, kill aid workers
- Bayelsa govt floats N10bn Entrepreneur Devt Fund
- Access Bank Ghana Is 11th Bank on the Ghana Stock Exchange
- Ecobank Inaugurates Agency Banking Outlet
- Man Disguises As Diamond Bank Staff In Lagos, Steals N650k
- Access Bank Plc Graduate Executive Trainees Recruitment 2017
- FirstBank Strengthens Money Transfer Services
- Access Bank appoints Gregory Ovie Jobome as ED risk management
- Access Bank Plc Fresh Graduate Internship Programme 2017
- Naira Hits N495/dollar As Forex Scarcity Lingers
- FG tasked on health insurance for all Nigerians
- JAMB, NYSC move against fraudulent practices
The views and opinions expressed here are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Financial Watch. Every investment and trading move involves risk. You should conduct your own research when making a decision.
Be the first to comment