By Patrick Ochoga
The Lift Above Poverty Organization (LAPO) have declared that their organization with its outreaches have been able to reach and improve the lives of 1,193,233 people in 2016 alone and is poised at increasing the numbers of beneficiaries by the end of 2017.
The Executive Director of operations, Mrs Sabrina Idowu Osehobo, made this known to press at the Annual Media Forum put together by the Advocacy and communications Unit of the organization.
She said that the organization with its various programmes ranging from health intervention, social Education, to Legal Aid had target groups who were either met directly by staff of the organization and indirectly by the organization’s information materials like flyers, posters and media.
She said that 303,593 people benefitted from the Health Intervention Programme which comprises of health education where people are sensitized on the various forms of diseases and how to avoid them
For 2017, Mrs Sabrina said that community health will be taken seriously to continually have the people informed and also to garner followers.
She said that the LAPO C4 project will be concentrating on cancer awareness programmes.
She however decried the poor state of hospitals and clinics especially in rural areas were locals can not have access to appropriate Medicare. She further appealed to the Government and other organizations to partner with LAPO so that there can be a wider reach.
The Executive Director also appealed to government to provide more and accessible cancer research centers with screening materials in hospitals and rural outreaches as cancer is fast becoming a major killer in the country.
“There is need for government to partner with organizations by way of providing screening sites in outreaches so that people can have access to regular and affordable screening which is key as a lot of people needs to be screened but the facilities are not in place” she said.
She also said that enterprise will be taken into cognizance as people needs financial literacy whether educated or not and therefore needs assistance on how to manage their money.
Lift Above Poverty Organization is poised at improving the living standard of women mostly, in ways of soft loans and grants through its micro finance bank and improved standard of health through its non governmental organizations and other help foundations.
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- Ban Of Tuface Protest Undemocratic – PDP
- NOUN makes Uyo South South operational centre
- Development Bank of Nigeria completes first recruitment, set to take off
- Osinbajo flags off 20,000 solar powered lighting systems
- IFAD to host confab on financing for rural development
- Why NYSC is deploying more corps members in rural schools– Zamfara Coordinator
- Inflation, forex threatening our operation- Ikeja Electric
- CBN keeps faith with forex utilisation
- Forex: Manufactures call for review of 41 banned items
- Kudos, knocks to FG as N-Power beneficiaries share experience
- BoI begins indirect lending to micro entrepreneurs through MFBs
- Local raw materials under threat from deforestations — MAN
- Citibank Group Honours Access Bank With STP Excellence Award
- Peace Corps Recruitment: Why We Collect N40k From Applicants – National Commandant
- Access Bank Plc Graduate Executive Trainees Recruitment 2017
- FG To Begin Skills Acquisition Program In 18 States
- Access Bank boosts liquidity with N35bn Commercial Paper
- Lumen Christi Catholic TV now on DSTV platform
- Five states get N375m for school feeding
- FG Issues Warning On Illegal Collections Of Fees From Npower Beneficiaries