Delta state former governor, Chief James Onaneife Ibori who just finished his jail term in united kingdom for stealing $250m from the state treasury has said that he is not a thief.
Ibori made this know at the First Baptist Church, Oghara during a thanksgiving service organised in his honour by the Oghara Kingdom.
Ibori said “Today I have decided to speak for myself, I am not a thief, I cannot be a thief. Today is the day they say I should give testimony to God, for those that know me, you know that my entire life is a testimony itself and I have said it over and over again that my life is fashioned by God, directed by God, sealed, acknowledged, blessed by God and I believe that since the day I was born.
“Like the Archbishop said, when this whole commotion started, what was most painful to me was the pain and suffering that my people were going through.
“It has nothing to do with me as a person because for some reasons like I said to you, I drew my strength from God and somehow, I knew that God would stand by me, I knew that one day, and this day would come. I am indeed very please that I can now stand before you and look at your faces, faces that I have missed and those of you that have indeed suffered the pains of my absence. It has nothing to do with me.
“So, when I reflect, it gives me joy that all your prayers, God has answered, all your supports and solidarity with me all through this period; it is indeed not what I can begin to say. Like what our former chief of staff, Francis Agboroh said it is “ungbikuable”. If I am to give testimony of my journey you will not leave here. The only testimony that I have is the fact that I am back and alive in your midst. And again I say that I never had any doubt in my mind that I would get back home.
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- JUST IN: Traditional rulers, Uduaghan, others attend Ibori’s thanksgiving[PHOTOS]
- Photos of James Ibori As He Arrives Oghara, Delta State
- James Ibori Storms Social Media, opens twitter account
- Arsenal-MTN Deal: Kanu vows to work for Nigeria
- Plateau sacks 579 workers; 101 to refund N70m
- “I will arrive in Nigeria within few days” – James Ibori [VIDEO]
- Despite rolling out N350m for Ibori’s Thanksgiving, Okowa Shun Event To Save Face
- Digital Financial Inclusion To Create 3 Million New Jobs By 2025
- 1,000 Days After: President Buhari Recommits To Return Of Chibok SchoolgirlsHPAPPENING NOW: James Ibori’s immediate release ordered by London court
- Nigeria still country to buy cheapest cement in Africa – BUA ON
- Ex-Media aide of Former Abia Governor Theodore Orji assassinated
- Buhari may live longer than those peddling his death rumour —Oshiomhole
- APC wins Etsako Federal Constituency by-election in Edo
- Five Star Music lied in against Harrysong – Oguejiofor
- Southern Kaduna And Nigeria’s Deadly Monsters By Femi Fani-Kayode
- Implementation Of Confab Report Solution To Religious Crisis – Jonathan Tells US Congress
- Governor Wike holds airport reception for acting president Osinbajo
- Senate meets today for smooth passage of 2017 budget
- BBC confirms DfID targeted Ibori; Spent millions to nail him