The Accountant-General of the Federation, Mr. Ahmed Idris has noted that the quality of leadership provided by President Muhammadu Buhari, which he described as rare courage and political will is a major reason for the successes so far achieved by the Treasury Single Account policy implementation.
The AGF made this disclosure during his welcome Address at the opening of a two day retreat on the one year of the TSA implementation ( the benefits, challenges and way forward) being organised by his office at the International Conference Centre Abuja from 14-15 February, 2017.
Highlighting the successes of the TSA , Mr. Idris revealed that the sum of N5.244 trillion has so far been realized as inflows in the TSA account following the moping -up and direct debits of Accounts by the Central bank of Nigeria.
Mr Idris further said that TSA has eliminated multiple banking arrangements in the MDAS and resulted in the consolidation of over 200,000 bank accounts which were spread in Deposit Money Banks across the country .
TSA has equally brought transparency , effective tracking of Government revenue as well as blocked leakages and abuse in management of Government finances
“TSA implementation has taken us out of the Era of indiscriminate borrowings by MDAS and saved Government charges associated borrowing which amounted to about N4.7 Billion prior to full Implementation of TSA,” the AGF said.
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- EFCC Wins Big In spree Of Discovery And Recovery from Andrew Yakubu, Deziani Madueke
- I Will Support Revival of National Theatre – Gov. Ambode
- Experts prescribe options for implementation of 2017 budget
- Corruption: 2017 budget full of frivolous, wasteful expenditures – CSOs
- Recession: Nigeria plans to salvage economy
- Recession: CBN Charges Banks On Financial Intermediation
- End hardship, hunger to avoid revolution, FG told
- Nigeria Targets Economy to Grow at Annual 7% by 2020
- FG says no plan to increase tax, attacks Sen. Bruce
- NIMASA supports FG’s Establishment of Maritime University
- Nigeria’s Economy Remains Resilient With 780% Oversubscription Of Eurobond
- EPZ: 15 firms to invest in Jigawa
- Importation of dirty fuel ban effective July 1 – FG
- CEO Says Recession calls for new strategies to survive
- Police arrest “Biafra Times” publisher, 9 others for alleged sedition
- Nigeria’s External Trade Drops By N104bn In Q3 – NBS
- Osinbajo cautions Christian leaders on hate messages
- Andrew Yakubu: An Exposition Of Extreme Corruption By Nigerian Leaders
- Non-Implementation trails N6trn 2016 Budget