JAMB has recommended 2 Compulsory Novels that candidates are to read before their exams, starting 6th May, 2017. The 2 Novels are;
“In Dependence” by Sarah Ladipo Manyika for UTME Candidates
“The Last Days at Forcados High School” by A.H. Mohammed for Direct Entry Candidates
According to the instructions, candidates will be tested on these 2 novels in Use of English, which is compulsory for every candidate, regardless of the course you intend to study in school.
A lot more JAMBites are familiar with OPTION 2 above, being that it was the only Novel that was used in testing during the 2016 UTME. OPTION 1 however, is a newly introduced Novel for 2017.
While a lot more students are only interested in buying registration forms, they neglect to look deep into other instructions, which may be critical to the success of their exams in May. That’s why Myschool has decided to dwell on this important issue, via this thread.
From the instructions released by JAMB, it is clear that “In Dependence” ought to be for UTME candidates alone, while “The Last Days at Forcados High School” will be used by Direct Entry Candidates.
If you go by the instruction stated above, this simply means that UTME candidates will get questions asked from the book “In Dependence”, while Direct Entry will get questions from “The Last Days at Forcados High School”.
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS AN EXAM
In as much as, JAMB has clearly stated and differentiated between the 2 texts, THIS IS AN EXAMINATION and JAMB is free to test you from any source they deem fit.
Whether you are a UTME student or a Direct Entry Student, we, The Myschool Team, will advise that you get yourself acquainted with BOTH NOVELS. There is no knowledge lost with doing so.
Please go out of your way to adequately prepare for this exam by Studying both novels and expecting questions from either of them, whether you are a UTME or Direct Entry Student.
The novels are not too voluminous and the stories are interesting for you to read within the next 2 months. You should be able to read and understand the entire story of both novels.
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- JAMB Coordinator Reveals Date For Sales Of 2017 UMTE Form
- Complete Details of JAMB Advert for sales of 2018/2018 UTME Forms
- JAMB Latest News: Awaiting Result Out, 4th Choice Institution In
- JAMB Q&A Session with prospective candidates of 2017/2018 UTME [LIVE UPDATES]
- Why We Introduced Mock Exam – JAMB
- Jamb Cancels The Selection Of Two Public Universities During 2017 Registration
- Minister Restates FG’s Commitment To Ease of Doing Business in Nigeria
- Lagos To Commence Sales Of Lake Rice Today
- Bitcoin upward trends continues, tops gold for first time