The Nigerian arm of South Africa’s Standard Bank, Stanbic IBTC Bank, has an exposure of $24 million to Etisalat Nigeria, it said on Wednesday, adding restructuring talks were “ongoing”.
The Nigerian arm of Abu Dhabi-listed telecoms company Etisalat has been discussing with 13 local banks about renegotiating the terms of a $1.2 billion loan after missing a payment.
“The members are continuing discussions with Etisalat with the hope of restructuring the loan,” the bank told an analysts’ call.
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- Fidelity Bank restates commitment to entertainment industry
- BoI to rollout N2bn for MSMEs in Kebbi State
- Industrialist says Nigeria’s over-dependence on import shameful
- Paraplegic Man Receives New Business, Medical Treatment on Airtel Touching Lives
- FG saved 5m dollars from importation of rice, says Ogbeh
- UNIDO project: entrepreneur from Nine States to benefit from $3m
- BoI harps on more women enterprise financing