The Central Bank of Nigeria and the Association of Chief Audit Executives of Banks in Nigeria are set to collaborate to combat the spate of cybercrime and improve digital banking in the country.
The association, a sub-committee of the Bankers’ Committee of the CBN, seeks to promote ethical standards, competence and professionalism among members.
The CBN and ACAEBIN agreed to the proposed partnership during an official visit by members of the association to the CBN Director, Banking and Payment Systems, Mr. Dipo Fatokun, in Abuja.
Members of the association were led by its Chairman, Mr. Abiodun Aderoju.
Aderoju stressed the urgent need for the CBN and the association to collaborate and tackle cybercrime in the interest of the banking sector.
In a statement on Sunday, ACAEBIN explained that the visit was part of the association’s continuous engagement with stakeholders in an effort to combat cybercrime and improve digital banking operations in Nigeria.
“The association acknowledges the innovative and untiring efforts of the CBN in ensuring seamless and digital banking operations,” he said.
The ACAEBIN also noted that the radical transformation of the digital banking activities in the last decade was a testimony to the vision, commitment and professionalism of Fatokun and his team.
This, the ACAEBIN chairman, said was evidenced in the quality of the various policies of the apex bank issued from time to time to safeguard the banking public as well as strengthen the financial institutions.
On his part, Fatokun appreciated the association for the visit and identified the need for continuous interaction and engagement by both bodies.
He promised to give due attention to the issues raised by the auditors.
- Innovectives to drive agency banking with 1000 agents
- Wema Bank Promotes Savings Culture Among Students
- Standard Chartered, others partner on private banking academy
- Nigeria’s Poultry Farmers To Receive FG Bailout Fund
- Until we develop power, transportation, agric, sustainable growth is difficult — Alade
- Dog wins award for stopping boko haram suicide bomber
- Diamond Bank optimistic as profit drops to N5.03b
- Trump invites Philippine “strongman” Duterte to White House
- Breaking: Nollywood actor, Pastor Ajidara dies of Kidney failure