The Ifeanyi Okowa-led Delta State government has been served a quit notice by the opposition party in the state, the All Progressives Congress, APC. The party slammed the state governor ahead of the 2019 governorship election on grounds of incompetence and failure to deliver his promised SMART agenda to Delta State.
The 2015 governorship candidate of the APC in Delta State, Olorogun O’Tega Emerhor, told newsmen on Tuesday that the APC will take over governance of the state in 2019.
The party chieftain noted that Deltans were tired of the PDP and Governor Okowa’s alleged bad governance.
While decrying the poor state of infrastructure in the state, the APC chieftain said there were no good roads in the state, including Asaba, the state capital.
US alleges how Alison-Madueke lavished $144m on furniture, artworks, others
He said, “We served them notice long ago. Look at the roads in Asaba, this is the capital of Delta State, do you see any sign of development here? Good government is coming with us.
“We struggled to pass the Okpanam/Asaba Road to get to Okpanam town. This is within Asaba. Why should we have a road like that? Delta State receives resources that should be used to develop this state. Good government is coming with us.”
On the state of the APC in Delta, Emerhor said that the party was strong and intact.
- Anambra 2017: Moghalu joins gov race, says I’ll defeat Obiano
- Anambra State, Ohaneze disown Biafra agitation
- APGA Confident in winning Anambra guber polls, says chairman
- FG to partner Yobe on youth entrepreneurship development
- Uduaghan’s time as governor ran Delta State aground – Prof. Pat Utomi
- Pay workers with Paris Club refund now – Delta Youths Tells Okowa