Delta state government said, it spend over two billion naira from the ten billion given to the state as refund from debt service on payment of salaries and emoluments owed Local Government staff
The state ministry of information disclosed this in a released showing how the government spend the Paris club debt refund.
According to the release, a total of N2, 125,814,393.30 was allocated to local governments in the state to offset backlog of salaries of staff, while the state spent the remaining N7, 874,185,606.70.
The release further showed that the state spent its own part of the money on contributory pension areas, as well as deductions due to cooperatives due for August 2016 and part of May 2017.
Other expenses from the money include 10% state contribution to pensions for May, restoration of BVN issues, related salaries for April and May.
Part payment of outstanding arrears of past services of state contributory pension scheme, support to local Government for payment of June salaries and capital / recurrent approval.
- Salaries: ASUU faults Bello’s claim on 94% payment
- ASUU Threatens Strike over kidnap of some members
- Okowa denies looting Delta State N10bn Paris club refund
- Senate gives more power to state assemblies
- CBN commends Obiano on security, salaries
- FG endorse appointment of 21 Perm. Secs
- #GoogleforNigeria: Google adds 1,000 addresses to Ikeja, Ikoyi