– The government said it suspended the program because of the financial downturn in the state.
Delta State Government has indefinitely suspended its scholarship scheme for first class graduates in the state.
The government said it stopped the program because of ‘the prevailing economic situation bedevilling the state.’
Delta State Scholarship Board announced the suspension in a letter obtained by TheNewsGuru to all beneficiaries of the scheme.
Explaining the reason for the suspension of the program, the board noted that it is aware of the fact that the beneficiaries of the scheme depend on it to fund their education in their various tertiary institutions.
Nevertheless, the board thought it necessary to suspend the scheme because it can no longer cater for the scheme due to the financial downturn in the state.
Here is the copy of the letter dated September 27, 2017 and signed by Comrade Elijah Ologe, the executive secretary of the state’s scholarship board.
- National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) Scholarship Scheme 2017/2018
- Before You Register For Ultimate Cycler Read this
- INEC Releases Dates For Ekiti, Osun 2018 governorship Elections
- China sets world record in unbreakable code from satellite
- NNPC denies colluding with banks on remittances into TSA