The House of Representatives, on Tuesday, summoned the Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, over the outbreak of monkeypox in the country.
lawmaker from Bayelsa State, Mr. Diri Douye, raised the issue under matters of urgent national importance, praying that the minister should be summoned.
The prayer was immediately passed in a unanimous voice vote.
“The House is concerned by the shocking admission of Adewole that monkeypox could not be confirmed in Nigeria until laboratory investigations by WHO and referral to Dakar, Senegal.
“Again, concerned that the disease has spread to other states, notably Uyo in Akwa Ibom State, in spite of concerted efforts by the Bayelsa State Government since the initial report in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State,” the House motion read partly.
- Delta former Speaker, Igbuya absconded from seating since impeachment
- [PHOTOS] Saraki, Dogara visits Buhari in London
- Edo State Assembly Speaker Impeached
- Budget scandal rocks Delta State as Okowa sidelines lawmakers
- Niger Delta Amnesty Beneficiaries to Kick Off First Ever Automobile Assembly Plant
- CBN Tells Entrepreneurs To Design Good Plans to access Development Funds
- No adulterated petroleum products in Bayelsa – DPR