Super Eagles Least Ranked Group D Team To Win in Russia 2018 – The Super Eagles are the least ranked Group D team to win the FIFA World Cup kicking off in Russia on Thursday. The other teams in Group d are Argentina, Croatia and Iceland.
This ranking is according to football facts and stats website, Optajoe, on their World Cup predictor published on their Twitter handle.
The World Cup predictor was done for all the 32 teams in Russia for the World Cup that will kick off on Thursday.
While Nigeria are ranked 15th with a 1.5 per cent chance of winning the tournament, Argentina ranked 3rd best team to win the tournament are the highest ranked group D team with a 10.1 per cent of becoming champions for a third time.
Croatia and debutant Iceland are ranked 12th with 1.9 per cent and 13th on 1.3 per cent chances respectively.
Five-time winners Brazil have the highest chance of becoming world champions for the sixth time with 13.2 per cent, while holders Germany are second on 10.7 per cent.
Africa’s other representatives Senegal and Egypt are in joint-15th on 1.5 per cent chance with Nigeria, Tunisia takes 19th position on 0.9 per cent and Morocco are 20th (bottom) with 0.6 per cent.
The World Cup kicks off on Thursday June 14 with host country Russia taking on Saudi Arabia.
- StarTimes launches mobile app for video streaming service
- Nigeria vs England: Date, Time, Preview, squad news, line up
- Iceland World Cup Squad: preliminary players list for Russia 2018
- Nigeria vs England live updates, scores, results
- Nigeria vs England Friendly: Star to support Super Eagles with Star Fan Parks
- Croatia coach says super eagles are group D’s most dangerous team