Chinese media taunt Donald Trump’s trade tariff – Chinese media have mocked U.S. President Donald Trump over plans to impose 25 per cent tariffs on 50 billion dollars’ worth of Chinese goods, saying “wise men build bridges but fools build walls”.
Mr Trump announced the tariffs on Friday, accusing Beijing of intellectual copyright theft.
China retaliated, saying it would impose an additional 25 per cent tariff on 659 US goods worth 50 billion dollars.
Stock markets fell after the announcements amid fear of a trade war.
The US had earlier warned that it will impose even more tariffs should China retaliate.
President Trump said the tariffs were “essential to preventing further unfair transfers of American technology and intellectual property to China, which will protect American jobs.”
The Chinese product lines that have been hit range from aircraft tyres to turbines and commercial dishwashers.
- Glo tariff plans for Cheap and affordable local and Int’l calls with migration codes 2017
- CBN lists gains of currency swap deal with China
- Minister Says High Interest Rate From Banks Kill Nigerian Farmers
- Currency swap: Importers with Chinese Yuan invoices to pay less
- Agbor residents protest poor power supply
- What Buhari and Trump discussed [Full details]