T-Bills Yields Up 0.09%, Drives Overnight Rate up by 14.58% – The treasury bills market traded flat with the average yields slightly appreciating by 0.09 percent, on Wednesday, with yields ending at 13.01 percent.
The treasury bills market remained held by the tight liquidity conditions in Naira market. However, the yields are expected to remain marginally down on Thursday as market players anticipate inflows from N183 billion OMO maturities.
Meanwhile, the average money market rate stood at 50.46 percent at the close of trading session on Wednesday.
The Open Buy Back (OBB) and the Overnight (OVN) rates appreciated broadly yesterday by 16.76 percent and 14.58 percent respectively.
Specifically, the OBB rate jumped to 48.33 percent from 31.57 percent, while the overnight rate grew to 52.58 percent from 38 percent in the previous trading day.
It was observed that the rates surged as system liquidity depressed significantly down to N60 billion from N200 billion in the previous session.
- Buhari to Present 2018 budget to NASS Nov. 7
- Security beefed up as Acting President Osinbajo visits Bayelsa
- CBN approves N357/$1 exchanges rate for BDCs
- Operators advocate postponement of new rates for compulsory insurances
- CBN Maintains Market Liquidity with $195 Million
- Sterling Bank to provide N8bn loan to workers