Ekiti governorship: Live updates, monitoring, results – After an intense campaign between the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and the major opposition in Ekiti state, the All Progressive Congress, (APC), the people of Ekiti will today go to polls to decide who will be the next governor of the state.
Although the PDP and the APC are not the only contending parties in today’s Ekiti Governorship elections, there are also other 32 political parties seeking to take over power in the state.
According to records by the Independent National Electoral Commission, in the 16 council areas of the state, there are 177 registration areas; 2,195 polling units; and 256 polling points, with 913,334 registered voters.
However, out of the figure, 667,270 are accredited to vote, representing 73 per cent of the registered voting population.
Security have also been raised by the federal government as 30,000 policemen has been deployed in various parts of Ekiti State to ensure safety of lives and properties during the governorship polls.
Follow this thread for live updates, monitoring, and results of Ekiti polls as it unfolds.
- List of First bank sort codes and branches in Nigeria
- List of Wema Bank sort codes and branches in Nigeria
- Oyo state imposes security levy on churches, mosques, others
- 2 women allegedly steal friend’s ATM card, withdraw N365,000
- Protesters Storm EFCC, Demand Fayose’s Prosecution Over $2.1bn Arms Scandal [PHOTOS]