BREAKING: Dino Melaye fails to appear in court for his trial – The Gun running trial involving the Senator representing Kogi West, Dino Melaye and two others was stalled on Thursday as the senator failed to appear in court.
His lawyer, Barrister Yemi Mohammed who stood in for Chief Mike Ozekhome SAN told the trial magistrate Suleyman Abdalah that he had it on good authority that Senator
Dino Melaye was attacked in Gwagwalada on Wednesday on his way home from the court.
“I learnt that he was attacked yesterday in Gwagwalada on his way home from the court, up till now,I have not been able to reach him ,I don’t know where he is at the moment,” he said.
He said that the prosecution counsel was not ready to open due to the reason best known to them
However, the officer in charge of police prosecution ,Theophilus Oteme told the court that the prosecuting counsel had an emergency yesterday that made it extremely difficult to appear in court.
He therefore asked for long adjournment to 23 September which was opposed to by the trial magistrate as “it contravened administration of criminal justice law of Kogi state as amended”
He therefore adjournment till 9th August for commencement of trial.
- N8 billion currency scam: Witness accuses FCMB staff of stealing N54 million
- Breaking: Kogi High Court grants Dino Melaye bail
- Alleged Murder: Danish Man to Remain In Prison As Trial Begins In October
- Breaking: Omo-Agege resumes Senate plenary
- Olisa Metuh in tears as Doctor Explains His Health Condition in court