Job Type: Full-Time
Job Category: Government
Deadline of this Job: 18th February 2019
Duty Station: kenya
5 Member of the County Public Service Board
Nairobi City County
Deadline of this Job:
18th February 2019
Nairobi , Kenya , East Africa , 254
Pursuant of the constitution of Kenya 2010 Article 235 and Section 57, 58 &59 of the county Government Act 2012, the nairobi City county Government lnvites qualiﬁed Kenyan citizens to ﬁll the positions of:-
Member of the County Public Service Board 5 positions
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assisting in preparation of regular reports fori submission to the County Assembly on the. execution of the functions of the Board.
• Observing good Corporate Governance Principles i the performance of your duties.
• Ensuring delivery of quality services to the citizens.
• Promoting publrc service values and principles i the County Govemment as referred to in Articles I & 232 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
• Advising‘ on the appointment of persons to hold or act in t e Public County Ofﬁces, including on the E Boards of Urban areas within the County and to conﬁrm appointments.
• Performing duties as assigned by the Board.
Academic Qualiﬁcations and Attributes
• A Bachelofs Degree in any of the following ﬁelds: Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Social Sciences from a University recognized in Kenya.
• Working Experience of at least five (5) years in administration and management.
• Demonstrated professional competence and managerial capa ilities; and clear understanding of the Legislation, Policy Framework governing the County Public Service, National Goals, Values and Principles of Govemance.
• Satisfies the provisions of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on Leadership & Integrity.
• Should not be a state or public ofﬁcer.
Terms of service: Six (6) year ncqvable contract Salarles and other allowances: Paya le as per the Salaries and Remuneration Commission guidelines.
Job application procedure
- Applications should be in hard copy and delivered to the office of the 1st Floor, City Hall. Room 112 on/or before 18th February 2019:
• Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce the Original Identity Card, Academic and Professional Certiﬁcates Testimonials;
• Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
The appointment of members of the Board shall be through a competitive process. Nairobi City County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and People Living with Disabilities and marginalized groups are encourages to apply