African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries).
The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Principal Financial Management Operations Officer – Apply Here!
Position N°: 50067834
- The Senior Vice-Presidency (SNVP) is responsible for supporting the President in the day-to-day management of the Bank Group to achieve its strategic objective and drive performance culture that will align all processes and systems to deliver high impact results.
- The SNVP provides effective leadership and exceptional coordination to ensure implementation and monitoring of key corporate decisions as well as the identification of necessary corrective measures and actions. The SNVP leads Senior Management discussions, decision-making processes and the implementation of key Board and Management decisions.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold a Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or a related discipline and a professional accounting certification (CPA, CA, ACCA, Accountant);
- Have a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience, with particular expertise in designing and supporting financial management operations of which at least three (3) in international financial Institutions;
- Experience in supporting financial management private sector operations would be an added advantage;
- An understanding of cross-cutting issues beyond financial management (e.g. procurement, governance, donors’ practices) at sector/country level;
- Expert knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs), International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS), International Standards on Auditing (ISA), International Standards of Supreme Audit Institutions (ISSAIs);
- Proven ability to implement country or sector level financial management analytical and capacity building initiatives;
- Strong planning, organization, and time management skills;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to be flexible, open-minded with integrity, client and results oriented for achieving both Bank’s and Borrowers’ objectives;
- Ability to work as part of a team, maintain effective and cooperative relations with sector specialists, national authorities as well as donors, and handle sensitive issues with discretion in a multicultural environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in French with a working knowledge of the English language.
- Competence with standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), preferably combined with knowledge and experience of SAP operations.
Application Closing Date
11th May, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should – Apply Here!
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions (The post holder will be considered as a local staff and will not have international terms and conditions of employment)
- Only applicants who are nationals of Senegalor are nationals of member countries of the bank who already have a pre-existing legal right to live and work in Senegalwill be considered for this position. The bank does not sponsor or support applications for work permits and relocation in relation to this post