MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition – Apply Here!
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, Customer Operations
Employment Status: Permanent
Department: Customer Operation
- Oversee the operations or activities of various customer care units within MTN Nigeria and ensure timely resolution of customer issues/complaints
- Oversee the operations and activities of various walk-in customer service points within a designated region and ensure branded customer service
- Develop strategies and operational plans to drive the achievement of targeted sales and service objectives.
- Support the shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing CR processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (i.e. consistent customer experience, data sales, device sales, competitive performance (Market Share / Churn / Customer Experience (NPS)).
- Participate in the review of business processes (Headcount, Process optimisation etc), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in divisional budget year-on-year.
- Participate in contract negotiations to reduce cost and drive MTNN value creation philosophy.
- Design, implement and track initiatives to meet and exceed assigned financial targets across the revenue/product mix, for the regions, in alignment with MTN Nigeria and regional quarterly business and activity plans.
- Manage the integrity of inventory and cash handling within owned touch point channel
- Oversee inventory movements across regions ensuring the accurate and timely processing of mark downs, transfers & consolidations, receiving and pos transactions.
- Oversee financial viability of assigned franchise operations.
- Define, implement, measure and reward consistent epic customer experiences in line with national and regional business objectives and business initiatives, in all branded and franchised stores and physical, service-led touchpoints.
- Partner effectively with MTNN’s critical value chain partners to enhance MTN’s brand, and to meet customer-related targets.
- Improve MTNN’s relative net promoters score and attain best relative service NPS in assigned region.
- Develop strategies and champion customer centric culture across the walk in and develop/reform relationships with MTNN’s internal and external customers to transform the MTNN’s revenue.
- Drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of mtn group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on best customer experience with focus on high quality customer interactions in the physical footprint, focus on margins, igniting commercial performance by leveraging technology and digital.
- Drive understanding and embedding of MTNN customer service levers
- Deliver customer-centric customer journeys across segments & channels;
- Leverage technology to provide effective self-service tools to empower mycustomer
- Optimize efficiency & cost-to-serve across channels via automation of front/back office processes
- Build and maintain an empowered & engaged workforce
- Create value through qualitative engagements
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. value chain partners, business consultants etc.) And develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Partner with MTNN’s ecosystem partners to deliver business value.
- Collaborate with other business units in the development of business models for use in MTNN and develop measurement strategies to support ongoing strategy development and project optimization.
- Set and exceed challenging commercial targets (Sim registration, Sim swap, airtime sales, NPS and issue resolution, device sales, etc) for all retail stores
- Ensure standardization in customer experience, merchandizing and retail experience across all retail touchpoints.
- Supervise all stores to ensure that all products are merchandised and all visual materials implemented according to the guidelines set
- Actively work with a set of predefined kpi’s to track and steer performance towards meeting and exceeding these targets
- Develop and execute roadmap for branded retail stores and points (lead store expansion project and identify resources needed to successfully achieve the targets)
- Provide leadership and advice on the details of customer operations and set standards for related activities; establish the resources to deliver superior customer care versus competition.
- Develop strategies for effective customer care services in line with the goals and objectives of MTNN.
- Monitor and review departmental plans to ensure the effectiveness of the strategies developed and related activities are in alignment with the objectives of the department and MTNN.
- Maximize operational performance by providing adequate resources, ensuring they are allocated and utilized in a cost effective and financially disciplined manner and in line with budget provisions.
- Manage overall quality of customer operations, handling complaints, enquiries and requests in the branded MTN omni-channel way to enhance the enjoyment of MTNN’s services by its valued customers across the footprint.
- Develop and maintain dispute management and escalation process including the filing disputes when billing errors are identified and tracking disputes through resolution within specified time period.
- Monitor financial performance of various telecommunications services related vendors as it relates to contract rates and budgeted cost models.
- Track and ensure disputes are documented and accessible for reference by authorized users.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Identify, evaluate and track the development needs and performance of staff within the department, providing opportunities for staff to build on the company’s investment in their training and improve productivity.
- Coach, train and mentor team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of all related job requirements and accountabilities and leverage human resources career development programs for staff.
- Ensure skill transfer for staff development, motivation and business continuity.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours.
Requirements, Experience & Training
- First degree in Business Management, Financial Management, Accountancy or any Social Science course or any other discipline
- Master’s in business administration will be an added advantage
- Fluent in English.
- 9 – 17 years relevant work experience including:
- Manager track record of 3 years or more; with at least 3 years in relevant sector/ industry
- Worked across diverse cultures and geographies advantageous
- Management experience in a customer-oriented service environment, preferably telecoms
- Experience in managing service level agreements, process improvements and billing systems.
- Project management
- Coaching and mentoring
- Performance management
- Diversity management
- Service industry management
- Financial planning & budgeting
- Business intelligence
- Service segmentation
- Resource planning
- Ict cutting edge technologies
- Crisis management
- Innovation management
- Change management.
- BA, BSc, BEd or HND.
Application Closing Date
1st July, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: