Nigerian Army – Applications are invited from eligible Nigerians for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) officers. The DSSC is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. Only serving military personnel sponsored by any of the Services of the Nigerian Armed Forces to civil institutions shall be considered – Apply here!
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nigerian Army Finance Officer
Area: Corps and Services
- Applicants must possess a minimum of BSc (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Accountancy, Computer Science, Insurance and Business Management.
- Registration with any of the following Professional Accountancy qualification is compulsory: ICAN, ANAN, ACMA, ACCA, ACA.
All applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be a male or female between the ages of 20 and 32 years, while medical consultants should not be more than 40 years of age by January 2020.
- Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to NA standards.
- Be recommended by at least 2 recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant’s character and integrity. These could be a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the applicant’s state of origin. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- Candidates must submit a letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Measure at least 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
- Must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel must be free from any disciplinary case (This is to be endorsed by the Commanding Officer/Commander).
- Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit from any accredited institution of learning. Courses of study must also be accredited at the time of study.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants must possess NYSC discharge certificate or a valid exemption as the case may be.
- Graduates with professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
- Only post secondary academic credentials obtained from 2010 to date will be considered.
- Candidates must present contact addresses and telephone numbers of parent/guardians and Next of Kin.
- Candidates must not have any body inscriptions or tattoos.
- Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post secondary).
- Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendations by their Commanding Officers/Commanders.
- They must also present valid letter(s) of NA sponsorship in tertiary academic institutions. Additionally, they must have served for a minimum period of 5 years in the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
- Candidates must not be members of any cult/society/fraternity.
Conditions of Service
- Direct Short Service Commission will be granted for 15 years, for an initial period of 8 years, renewable yearly for another period of 7 years. Direct Regular Commission may be granted on conversion after 3 years as a commissioned officer.
- Conversion to Direct Regular Commission is not automatic. It is based on availability of vacancy and other criteria that are or will be in force from time to time.
- All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance on the terms and conditions governing the Direct Short Service Commission before they are granted commission into the Nigerian Army.
- Applicants who successfully complete the military training shall be commissioned in the rank of Lieutenant.
Application Closing Date
28th September, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
Follow the Application Guide below:
- Log on to www.nigerianarmyms.ng to create an account.
- Read the qualification criteria.
- From the home page, select the DSSC application.
- On successful registration, you will receive an email notification containing your login details.
- Click on ‘Login’ to complete the application form.
- Ensure all required documents listed below are uploaded:
- Passport photograph.
- Educational certificates.
- Evidence of membership of any professional body.
- Certificate of state of origin.
- Birth certificate or age declaration.
- Applicants must print out their online generated photo-slip on completion of their application. The first page is to be signed by the Registrar of Court of Law while the second page is to be signed by the applicants’ Local Government Chairman/Secretary or any military officer of the rank of Lieutenant Colonel or equivalent and above who hails from his/her state. Successful applicants would be required to present their printed photo-slips to the selection board during interview.
Note: Applicants are to submit ONLY one registration.
For further information, you may call 08179269294 and 08109959294 between 0800 – 1800 hours daily while the portal is yet open or visit www.army.mil.ng
Department of Military Secretary,
Asokoro – Abuja.