Bank tellers are the front-line transaction officers that attends to customers’ day to day transactions in the banking halls. Their duties includes paying cash, receiving cash deposits, sometime they also serve as customer service representative in most banks.
They are always smart and cheerful in attending to customers’ requests and that is why most banks require smart and young looking employees between the ages of 24-26.
The academic qualification for tellering jobs are National Diploma (ND), Higher National Diploma (HND) and on rare occasions accepts National Certificate in Education (NCE)
Most banks do not directly employ tellers, rather they employ the services of outsourcing firms to help them recruit staff and they call these set of workforce “support staff” or “contract staff”.
Getting involved with a tellering job in any Nigerian bank is very easy, there are quite a number of outsourcing firms that are good in what they do, some of them are Integrated Corporate Services, VLA, Xl, philip outsourcing, insourcing, workforce, etc.
Their mode of selection and recruitment is similar, they always have vacancy for job seekers as there is always openings in banks as a result of resignation or a support staff is returned.
These steps can work for any of the outsourcing firms:
- Visit their website or office
- Submit your CV and application
- Within the a month or less you will be invited for an aptitude test
- After passing the test you will be invited for interview
- A successful interview always translate to getting the job.
It should be noted that working as a support staff means you are not an employee of the bank, rather it is the outsourcing company that directly employs you and seconded your services to the designated bank. In the event of a bad conduct, you will not be sacked, but will be simply returned back to your employer.
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- Diamond Bank eyes 8m new customers with digital strategy
- Peace Corp Commandant Arrested In A Police Raid At Abuja Office
- NPA Boss seeks quick passage of bills on sector
- Don’t participate in MMM, other Ponzi schemes – Rector warns students
- DSS Invites Apostle Suleman Over Unguided Rant
- Apostle Suleman to appear before DSS with 30 lawyers
- CBN increase Dollar availability to support Naira
- GTBank introduce more security measures for 737 Mobile banking Platform
- U.S Confirms Trump’s Call to Buhari, Publishes on white house site
- Enugu youths jubilates over Gov Ugwuanyi’s election victory
- Fitch re-affirms BoI’s rating at AA+
- Sheriff set to resume duty at PDP Secretariat
- American couple separates over support for Trump
- FG Supports Local Drug Manufacturers for Affordable Medicines
- Gtbank Suspends Use Of GT Mastercard For Online Payment
- 5 things to do before hiring a nanny in Lagos
- My Focus Has Shifted from 76 to Politics but I Will No Longer Contest – Princewill
- Job Scam Alert: Nigeria Custom Recruitment Fraud Uncovered
- Kogi State Govt. to Recruit 100 forest guards
- NSCDC Denies Recruitment and Replacement Exercise