Full list of permanent & ad-hoc staff that will conduct 2019 elections & their roles – Election officials are permanent or ad-hoc staff of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) who handle the conduct and supervision of elections – To see full list and their roles on Election Day according to 36 states and 774 local government areas tap here – View full list here!
There are also other persons or organisations involved in the conduct of elections, namely, polling or party agents, the security agents, representatives of the media, observer groups and the voters.
Election officials have a major role in the electoral process. The manners in which they discharge their duties affect the degree of confidence voters have in the electoral process and in INEC. All the actions of election officials should be characterised by the highest standards of integrity, impartiality, transparency, professionalism, gender sensitivity and support for the elderly and those who are physically challenged.
Some of the various staff categories are listed below:
- Chairman of the Commission
- National Electoral Commissioners
- Resident Electoral Commissioners (RECs)
- Electoral Officers (EOs)
- Returning Officers
- Collation Officers
- Supervisory Presiding Officer
- The Polling Team
- Presiding Officer (PO) (Ballot Issuance/Observer)
- Assistant Presiding Officer (APO) II (Register-Check and Inking)
- Assistant Presiding Officer (APO) III (Queue Controller)
- Assistant Presiding Officer Voting Point, APO (VP)
- Other Stakeholders
- Right and Responsibility of Polling Party Agents
- With regards to the Polling/Party Agents, Election Officials shall:
- Role of Election Observers
- Role of Security Agents
To see full list and their roles on Election Day according to 36 states and 774 local government areas tap here – View full list here!