Ongoing Recruitment at Equity Bank (July, 2019 Recommended Jobs) – This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job.
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!
- Company: Equity Bank
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
- How to apply: Apply here!
Equity has evolved from a Building Society, a Microfinance Institution to now the all-inclusive Nairobi Stock Exchange public listed Commercial Bank. Legal Status Equity Bank is registered under the Companies Act cap 486 and licensed under the Banking Act Cap 488 laws of Kenya. Ownership Equity Bank Limited is a public company listed on the Nairobi Stock Exchange. Its main shareholders are Britak Investment Company Limited, Africap (a consortium of international development investors, principally International Finance Corporation – a private arm of the World Bank and European Investment Bank) and Equity Bank employees through the Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP). Having commenced business on registration in 1984, Equity has evolved from a Building Society, a Microfinance Institution to now the all inclusive Nairobi Stock Exchange public listed Commercial Bank.
Policy Development Specialist
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 – 5 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Reporting to the Head of ICT Program & Governance, the role holder will assist the IT Department to align training and development programs with HR, work closely with department heads on the creation of policy and procedure documents and provide daily operations support to employees for both policies and systems documentation.
- Knowledge management of IT Assets/documentations in SharePoint
- Work with Enterprise architecture to ensure artifacts are maintained.
- Maintain all policy and procedure documents to ensure accuracy
- Act as the subject matter expert on policies and procedures across Group IT
- Review IT approval forms process and implement in SharePoint or ERP system.
- Escalate system related issues to IT Department – track of actions points identified relater to policies and training.
- Work hand in hand with IT Department to resolve and support issues that are identified as a process and/or training need
- Support in follow up of new hire training as it relates to systems – standardized new employee training
- Provide continued education to employees in the form of lunch and learns, spot training, scheduled training
- Identify need for training and work with department heads to provide support
- Support in business technical user training.
- Create training documentation for Implementations
- Present training as needed for Implementations
- Monitor new process and/or system after implementation to ensure adoption
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivator
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Must be able to problem solve
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work well in both one on one and group situations
- Experience coordinating and managing scheduling tasks
- 3-5 years in similar job/ management or training experience preferred
Senior Internal Auditor
- Job TypeFull Time
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
Reporting to the Senior Audit Manager, the role holder will be responsible for ensuring the Bank has effective financial, operational and information systems controls, adequate and effective risk management processes and ensure observance of good corporate governance practices.
- Ensure routine audits are methodically planned for and executed as per the audit plan;
- Develop programs and work plans for evaluation of internal controls and ensure they meet audit standards and assignment objectives;
- Lead audit teams during fieldwork and in conduct other ad hoc reviews as assigned;
- Identify business risks and control weaknesses and recommend appropriate mitigation measures;
- Appraise the soundness, adequacy, application and efficiency of financial, operational and information system controls established to mitigate business risks;
- Ensure audit issues are discussed with process owners and their action plans and target dates agreed on;
- Prepare timely and quality audit reports in line with auditing standards.
- Issue tracking and validation of audit issues to ensure they are addressed within agreed timelines.
- Graduate in either business or IT related studies;
- CPA (K) or ACCA and CISA;
- Minimum three years audit experience in a reputable audit firm or in a commercial bank;
- Excellent report writing, oral communication, logical and analytical skills;
- Excellent working knowledge of computer assisted audit techniques, data analytics and Teammate;
- Team player with good interpersonal skills;
- Able to work with minimum supervision;
- Good team leadership and supervision skills;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Good knowledge of the banking industry and the regulatory framework;
- Open minded with the ability to learn in a dynamic environment, possesses good commercial awareness and knowledge on international best practice standards in financial reporting (IFRS), IIA Standards and corporate governance.
Senior Information Systems Auditor
- Job TypeFull Time
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field ICT / Computer
Reporting to the Senior Audit Manager Information Systems, the role holder will be responsible for carrying out a detailed evaluation of IT-dependent internal controls and audit review of the bank’s information systems and projects using specified methodology and in accordance with department and professional standards. The position holder will conduct IS audit engagement planning, execution and reporting working closely with IS Audit Managers.
- The role holder will actively participate in conducting risk assessments during annual planning as well as engagement planning.
- Undertake audit engagements as assigned by the IS Audit Manager and within specific time budgets and quality parameters to achieve the Internal Audit Plan.
- Carry out walkthroughs and document process gaps i.e. carry out risk assessments, develop audit programs or update existing audit programs based on the risk assessments done.
- Adopt the use of Audit Tools (ACL, TeamMate etc) and Core business systems (Finacle CB, Oracle ERP) and other relevant applications to ensure effective and efficient audits.
- Report on audit findings clearly defining the 5Cs i.e. criteria, condition, cause, consequences and corrective action.
- Appraise the soundness, adequacy, application and efficiency of IT enabled controls to mitigate business risks and make recommendations to management to mitigate the risks.
- Act as Team Leader for less complex IS engagements within specified time budget and quality parameters and work as a team member on higher complexity IS engagements.
- Provide performance feedback to staff supervised at the end of every engagement. The feedback should then be discussed with the IS Audit Manager.
- Ensure full adoption of Teammate from the creation of project, users, completing working papers, raising issues, sign off and review, compiling reports for discussion with audit clients as well as tracking and validation of audit issues.
- Assess how well the business complies with rules and regulations and inform management on any issues that need to be addressed.
- Prepare special audit and control reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing operating information and trends.
- Perform issue tracking and validation to ensure IS audit issues identified are implemented within agreed timelines.
- Prepare periodic status updates on open IS audit issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Accounting or related field.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent
- 2-3 years’ cumulative experience in Information Systems audit from a reputable professional firm or financial institution
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Should have good analytical skills
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision and demonstrate a good level of maturity.
- Team leadership and supervision skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Good knowledge of banking industry, business processes, supporting business systems and technologies.
- Excellent knowledge of business and IT operations, regulatory environment and control environment.
- Above average knowledge of trending Financial Technologies ‘FinTech’ and applicable IT Controls frameworks i.e. COBIT, CIS Controls and NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
- Ability to conduct IT system related investigations.
- Good understanding of guidelines and standards as prescribed in IIAIPPF, ISACA ITAF.
- Good working knowledge of Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs)