The daughter of President Muhammadu Buhari, Zahra, will today in Abuja tie the nuptial rope after weeks of controversy that trailed the planned marriage.
While preparations on the planned marriage has been on, conflicting reports in the media recently showed that the wedding between Zahra and Mohammed Indimi, the son of an oil magnate from Borno State, may have been differed.
The marriage, which takes place today at the National Mosque in Abuja, has come with controversy attributed to an alleged physical altercation that trailed the delivery of several stacked dowry boxes valued at N44 million to the first family.
According to New Telegraph, in line with the Hausa/Fulani tradition, the boxes contained cash, jewelry, clothes, bags, shoes and other gifts valued at several millions of naira for Zahra and the first family.
Also, at the presidential villa where the traditional introduction ceremony held, the marriage witnessed another hitch when security officials prevented the sister of the groom, Yataka Indimi, from taking in her mobile phone intended to record proceedings at the event seen as contravening security protocol.
Only last week, the presidency came up with explanation on pre-wedding pictures considered fake by the immediate family of the bride.
“It has come to the notice of the Buhari family, that certain photographs are making the rounds both on social and conventional media claiming to be pre-wedding photographs of Zahra Buhari and Mohammed Indimi.
“Not only are these photographs untrue, but they are also a source of embarrassment to the couple, “The couple would like to express that as much as they appreciate public interest and well wishes in their forthcoming marriage, they would, at this particular point, appreciate the publics respect of their decision to make it a private affair.”
The statement added that “official photographs would be released at the appropriate time. As promised, the President’s immediate family yesterday released official pre-wedding picture of the couple.
- Rivers Rerun : Wike Caught On Tape Threatening To Kill INEC Official
- Rivers Rerun: Wike’s Leaked Audio Comments Have Confirmed Our Fears, Says APC
- Kogi State to pay workers four months salary arrears next week
- Moody’s Okays Buhari’s economic policies
- CBN To Sell N83bn In Treasury Bills Next Week
- FG Assures Nigeria’s Recession will end in 2017
- Nigerians seek speedy implementation of 2017 budget
- Enugu vehicle plant’ll create jobs, enhance naira value –Keystone MD
- How MMM Nigeria Top Guiders Defrauded Millions Of Nigerians
- FCMB Millionaire Promo Season 3 rewards four customers with N8m
- Federal, states share N387b – Adeosun
- Change: Police Van Transport Stranded NYSC Members In A village in Abia State [PHOTOS]
- 5,635 workers qualify for Fed Govt Housing Scheme