The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) is now accepting applications from African entrepreneurs with business ideas that can transform Africa, according to a statement issued by the Foundation.
Successful applicants will join the third cycle of the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme, TEF’s 10-year, $100 million commitment to train, mentor and fund 10,000 African entrepreneurs in every African country.
Since inception in 2015, the Programme has assisted nearly 2,000 entrepreneurs and created hundreds of jobs across the continent.
According to the statement, the Programme provides critical tools for entrepreneurial success, including 12 weeks of intensive training on setting-up and managing businesses a and mentoring.
The tools also include seed capital of $5,000 in non- returnable seed capital and access to a $5,000 convertible loan TEF Founder, Tony O. Elumelu, said: “Our Programme is a deliberate effort to institutionalise luck and provide the essentials for business growth to Africa’s next generation of business leaders.
It is a demonstration of my faith in this generation’s ability to transform the African narrative, from the single story of disease and poverty, to one of enterprise and opportunity.
Spread the word; we need Africa’s best and brightest entrepreneurs.
Their ideas will transform Africa.” CEO of the Foundation, Parminder Vir, said: “We encourage women, French, Arabic and Portuguese speakers and business ideas from every region across Africa, to apply.
Our 2,000 alumni are already growing their businesses and improving lives.
If you have a transformational business or an idea, we have an opportunity for you.” 1,000 entrepreneurs will be selected based on the viability of their idea, including: market opportunity; financial understanding; scalability; and leadership and entrepreneurial skills demonstrated in the application.
The application portal is open and accepting submissions until March 1, 2017.
TO FEATURE YOUR SPONSORED LINKS BELOW CONTACT US @ [email protected] or call +2348106779778
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- Application opens for 3rd Tony Elumelu Foundation entrepreneurship programme
- ‘stop Investing In MMM’ – CBN Warns Nigerians Again
- The Movie 76’, Sweeps 14 AMVCA Nominations
- Heritage Bank Denies Ties With Embattled Heritage Capital
- Kwara State to create 20,000 jobs in Agric Sector
- LSETF, partners commence loan beneficiaries’ selection
- Bayelsa students not stranded in Ghana —Dickson
- FCMB Millionaire Promo Season 3 rewards four customers with N8m
- Stock market: Investors lost N604bn in 2016
- GTBank Hires Independent Non-Executive Director
- Fayose promotes 15,772 workers, pays 2months salaries, Christmas bonus
- Boko Haram Attacks In Abuja Imminent – Arrested Insurgent Warns
- Naira weakens furthers on Continued Dollar Scarcity
- Sterling Bank commits N500m to environmental sustainability
- Biafra news: IPOB mobilises for referendum
- Biafra News: IPOB Says International Observers To Monitor Nnamdi Kanu’s Court Session
- FBN Capital wins investment banking award
- FG to capitalise Bank of Agriculture with N1trn
- Massive Recruitment at National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN)
- Permsec who stole 45 SUV cars Is From Bayelsa state