Skye Bank’s website www.skyebankng.com has been recognised as one of the most improved bank websites as announced by foremost web ranking Agency, Web Jurist, powered by Philips Consulting in its just-released rating. Skye Bank rose from its previous 18th position in ranking to the 8th position in 2016; beating such traditional leaders as: Access Bank, Diamond Bank, FCMB and Union Bank.
According to the results which placed Ecobank in the overall first position, Skye Bank’s website recorded first position in Performance and Accessibility category and third position in technical efficiency.
Web Jurist performance parameter evaluates the overall performance of websites in Nigeria, measuring such critical metrics as the extent to which web pages have been optimized and speed of response; while the accessibility parameter evaluates the ease experienced by a customer in executing business transactions effectively on the website. The Technical Aspects, evaluates the website’s functionality based on the ease of navigation, as well as the security features.
Commenting on the ranking, Skye Bank’s Head Corporate and Strategic Brand Management, Nduneche Ezurike, explained that industry leadership in the digital space is one of Skye Bank’s value propositions to its customers. In his words, “ our ranking is encouraging but our website is really work in progress. Skye Bank digitization initiative is intended to instil a memorable experience in the mind of our online customers. We know that the bank of the future must align with the lifestyle of the customers, hence our determination to improve significantly on this result”, he maintained.
A cross section of industry stakeholders who reacted to the recent website ranking, lauded the effort of Philip Consulting in sustaining the tradition of assessing industries performance online, noting that digital competitiveness is very critical for the service industries.
Becky Okoro a customer of Skye Bank shared her experience on Skye Banks internet banking platform. She noted the satisfaction and ease she experienced while carrying out transactions on the website. “I find it easier to make online payments using Skye Bank internet banking platform; I pay most of my utility bills and my children’s school fees through this platform.
Yinka Adebambo, an industry analyst and a Web Solutions Engineer, commended Phillips Consulting for the initiative, noting that the Annual Web Jurist Awards has proved its mettle over the years. “This periodic review of organization’s website has helped to provide a solid premise for constant improvement and customer experience,” he emphasized.
On his part, Mr. Degunle Sokunbi, Managing Director, Index Tech-Land, a web-based company in Lagos, while commenting on what the Web Jurist award and recognition confer on awardees, said: “The hunger to ‘do well’ at the awards have revolutionized the online presence of many companies, hence the positive increase in online customer satisfaction index, security and trust, while serving as a virtual branch.
CHECK OUT THESE INTERESTING STORIES:
- NIBSS Backs Ban on Bitcoins, Virtual Currencies
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) Entry-level Customer Service Officers Recruitment 2017
- MMM Nigeria Charges Participants on Massive Social Media Take-over Ahead Of Jan 14
- Banks leverage on promotions to encourage savings habit
- 4 brilliant ways Nigerians can increase visibility on LinkedIn
- Biafra news: IPOB mobilises for referendum
- Lumen Christi Catholic TV now on DSTV platform
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Massive Graduate Private Banker Recruitment 2017
- MTN Nigeria ends Blackberry service today
- Eko Distribution Company loses N1b to energy theft
- Bank Customers Decry Lack Of Funds In ATM Nationwide
- FirstBank Promotes Financial Inclusion
- Savings Promo: Fidelity Bank to share N64m to customers
- Fidelity Bank splashes N9m on customers to promote financial inclusion
- Mass Sack Looms in Nigeria’s Power Sector
- FirstBank Strengthens Money Transfer Services
- Internet users decline by 536,346 subscribers in December
- Globacom’s Leads in New Internet Subscriptions Continues
- Glo unveils Flexi Recharge for calls, data services
- Dangote Cement rewards distributors with N2.4bn bonus