New Tin-Can Port area controller focuses on N801 billion revenue goal – Dera Nnadi, the new Customs area controller of the Tin-Can Island Port command, has undertaken his position with the intention of achieving the command’s annual revenue goal of N801 billion.
Nnadi stated during the Thursday transition ceremony that he intends to increase the command’s revenue collection from 52% to 100% by December 2023.
While acknowledging the difficulty of the task ahead, particularly with the fluctuating exchange rate and only three months remaining, he urged all stakeholders to assist the command in achieving its annual revenue goal of over N800 billion.
Nnadi enumerated three key performance indicators for the Nigeria Customs Service, including revenue, anti-smuggling, and trade facilitation, adding that these indicators continue to be essential for measuring the agency’s performance as it contributes to the development of the nation.
He expressed the command’s strong commitment to combating economic saboteurs, particularly those who engage in illegal imports.
He vowed to rebrand the command and stated that his leadership would not tolerate interference in trade matters.
He pledged to maintain an open-door policy for lawful traders while cracking down on fraudulent importers, illegal importation, and contraband.
“The command revenue target of over N801 billion is at 52% with less than three months remaining in the year.” It implies that we would all be responsible for collecting the remaining 48%, especially since the floating exchange rate affects importers and clearing agents indirectly, he explained.
In his remarks, Adekunle Oloyede, the command’s outgoing area controller, exhorted officers and stakeholders to offer Nnadi their support and cooperation.
He encouraged clearing agents to improve compliance and continue sharing intelligence in support of the command’s anti-smuggling initiatives.